IRCTC App On Windows 8 For Mobile, Tablet & PC - Book Train Tickets On-The-Go In India

The Indian Ministry of Railways has brought a sweet surprise for the India's train passenger. Now Windows 8 OS enabled device users can book train tickets on the go using the newly launched IRCTC app. Not just book tickets, users of the app are now able to do pretty much everything from their smartphones or tablets - be it checking the status of their PNR, checking booking and cancellation history or even checking the ticket availability. Launched in collaboration of the Ministry of Railways, the app has been developed exclusively for Windows devices (Windows 8 mobile, tablet and PC) and there's no word so far about launching the same on Android or iOS operating systems.

If you are one of those customers, who is tired of logging on to the existing online portal, you should immediately go ahead and download this app from the Microsoft’s #-Link-Snipped-#or Windows Phone Store. When it comes to IRCTC online portal, the first thing that pops up is the TATKAL ticket booking service and the problems associated with it. Unfortunately, this app is no solution to that problem. Because even though they say that the app is going to be functional during the usual service hours, but it won't be accessible from 08:00 am to 12:00 pm and from 11:30 pm to 12:30 am. It seems that this move is a decision taken to avoid excessive load on servers.

irctc-windows-8-app

So, what else are some important features of this IRCTC app. Well we have Frequent Passenger Information, Quick Booking, a list of Preferences and Favourites. Users can have access to their Recent History and get Live Notifications. Another userful feature is that of visual maps of train routes and Windows Phone live tiles lighting up as train tickets and access to saved traveler profiles from multiple devices among many others. So far, the app users are putting up really good reviews of the app.

The IRCTC app is absolutely free and "With this alternative channel of booking, the passengers will have an additional convenience and better experience of booking e-ticket," said Rakesh Tandon, CMD of IRCTC after the launch of the App. "We feel the App is ideal for the modern consumer who is always on the move. Windows is the most trusted and widely used platform and offers the requisite security required while handling vast amounts of personal and financial user data."

We are waiting for your reviews of the immensely useful app. Let us know what you're thinking through the comments below.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    In another news relevant to IRCTC users, but in totally different note, IRCTC has also launched an online shopping portal. 😲 #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Its one of the best useful app in recent times. IRCTC is utilizing the full potential of communication power and I remember a post on online shopping in railway website. IRCTC - right on track.
  • Ramkesh Patel
    Ramkesh Patel
    But its Having problem in login when I tried to login in windows aap its says user blocked suspended, I also send mail to IRCTC but no solution.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The world's not yet convinced that the optical media is dying. While the electronics and computing giants like Apple have been cutting down optical drives from their machines for the...
I am an Automobile engineering student doing my Final year preparing for my campus placement. So I would like to collect some information on the construction materials in a automobile....
PLEASE LET ME KNOW,HOW TO UPDATE AUTO CAD 2007.
Outlooks.com team has announced IMAP support for the service. The Microsoft team officially declared the popular IMAP support is now being added to Outlook.com, which until now offered POP service....
Hi, I’m currently working on a project using sensor, microcontroller and relay. I was planning to use Arduino current sensor in circuit to detect its current usage and send it...