IRC Chat Client using Java

The idea is to create a chat application using Java.

Abstract:

The chat application has several features. It can create and open multiple chat rooms. The applications should also be able to manage and back up the chat rooms. User can login the chat and communicate via messages. Filtering of messages and synchronization should also be provided as a feature.

Chat room management also is a major feature. Moderation, needs to be implemented. Moderators should be created, removed and updated. Moderators can control chat rooms and users though they do not possess rights to back up chats, modify properties and control other moderators.

Requirements:
  • HTTP to communicate between servlet engine and browser
  • Servlet Engine or Application Server JSP1.0/Servlets2.1
  • JVM
  • Browser

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi im harish kumar doing BE aeronautical in hindustan university n chennai, tamil nadu, india. i would like to do a project. i want to design a small single seater...
Name:vikas dewda *Engineering Trade:mechanical Location: indore *Occupation: studen *Hobbies & Interests: reading news paper and in designing *Aim in life: to be a design mechanical engineer *I joined CrazyEngineers because:...
i have to go in designing field i am in final year in mechanical engineering, which designing courses i should prefer.
Hey has anyone ever dealt with this engine before in anyway. i would like to know more about it. especially its sub-components and sub-assemblies.
I am a fresher just passed out from colllege ,my branch was computer science,please tell me any computer course in India so that i can get a job easily and...