IPSoft's Coginitive Technology Will Replace Humans With Robots In BPOs

IPSoft's Cognitive Technology will soon begin replacing humans working in BPOs with robots. According to a recent report published in Economic Times, the technology will disrupt the BPO industry by the end of this year. One of the largest media companies in the world has already trusted the technology and will roll it out in their call centers soon. IPSoft has developed technology that gathers information from various sources and then uses computing power to figure out the perfect solution to the problem just like human brain. IPSoft's CEO, Chetan Dube, an alumni of IIT Delhi, did not identify his first customers which includes a large bank.

slide

IPSoft's technology has been designed to work with minimum human interaction. The company expects that their technology will go much beyond the call centers and will find applications in disease diagnosis, medical prescriptions etc.

Dube believes that his technology will help reducing the operating costs by about 30%. We'll learn more about the technology in coming days. If you work in a BPO, we'd remind you that it's time to upgrade your skills or look for a new job.

Via: Disruptive Technology: IT co IPsoft's cognitive solutions to replace human agents in BPO services - The Economic Times

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    It may be a helping hand for employers but what will be the future of employees of BPO's?Though it have some advantages such that less operation cost and best customer service due you think that Can robots really understand the other end of the line?
    CEans I expect a answer for it.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    About the interaction part, we can pretty much trust robots to evaluate all possible issues and provide solutions. This on other hand will be a stroke to the BPO employees. It will increase unemployment once launched which we don't want right now
  • sainandan
    sainandan
    its a big loss for employees and i think that there may not be much customer satisfaction by this technology. we may get some issues where help of a person is better
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Have you ever seen a robot think really fast and bare the abusive language given into it by some customers

Well BPO's are one place where human's do better than robots however error free a bot may be But still there will be a great difference between a man handling the file and a bot handling the same
  • KSS Manian
    KSS Manian
    "Robotics world". There are bit advantages of replacing human with robots. Work perfection, Speedy process, Not take break for tea, smoking, etc.
    But there are big disadvantages. Does not tackle any new issues, unless it is updated and programmed. 😉 😉

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Geeks worldwide are always excited to see a new 3D printer, but this one will surely send them into frenzy. Zeus is a 3D printer that not only prints but...
Volkswagen Cross Polo has been launched in India today by the company as a new entry to the polo hatchback market for the country. Powered by the 75PS 1.2Tdi engine,...
Dear CEans, September 2013 is going to be a super-exciting month for all of you! We've two important announcements to make - Announcement I : CEoM September 2013 Has More...
I had used all the search engines and found these to be more adaptive,informative and competitive . Though Google is the present search engine giant Do you think it is...
I realize that this may be more appropriate in Chillax. However, this is a real problem and the situation depicted may well happen in real life. https://dotsub.com/view/6c5d7514-5656-476a-9504-07dd4e2f6509