iPhone App that may replace a stethoscope

Peter Bentley invented the 'iStethoscope' application which monitors heartbeat through sensors in the iPhone as just a bit of fun. And, more than three million doctors across the world are signing up for the free application.

"Everybody is very excited about the potential of the adoption of mobile phone technology into the medical workplace, and rightly so. Smartphones are incredibly powerful devices packed full of sensors, cameras, high-quality microphones with amazing displays.

"They are capable of saving lives, saving money and improving healthcare in a dramatic fashion, and we carry these massively powerful computers in our pockets," the British media quoted Bentley as saying.

While he said that he had originally invented it as a fun toy, experts in the medical field have said the software is a major advance in medical technology which has saved lives and enabled doctors in remote areas to access expertise.

In fact, in the future, it could be possible for people to conduct their own ultrasounds or monitor blood pressure through smartphones, say the experts.

Read more at Peter Bentley's website: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Japan’s National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) just announced this new technology that they have been working on. Dubbed i3Space, this will allow people to experience 3D...
I read in newspaper that, Software companies are finding that a rising number of engineering and management graduates are transferring their affections to vocations such as manufacturing and banking -...
hey any one please help me with my topic that is VEHICLE IMMOBILIZATION SYSTEM. i need info about remote controlling a vehicle, immobilizing it and gps tracking of the same.
Obviously, the choice depends on personal taste; however, I need information on difference between LED TV & LCD TVs. From what I've gathered by reading few articles on the Internet...
Hiii everyone , i am not too late here but a late here to introduce myself, actually i was not knowing about this section of introduction, Well I "Guess its...