iOS6 new features which Android already have

I read few articles about latest WWDC that iOS is getting better coming with new feature but I noticed that all are the features are already present in Android since version
2.3 (Gingerbread) or just updated in (4.0+) ICS
let take new features of iOS:

1. Ditches Gmaps and came with own map with turn by turn navigation, Google maps already have this since STONE ages😁
2.Facebook and twitter system integration, Which android phone doesn't have😁
3.Priority Contacts:similar with Gmail's priority Inbox and latest contact I just got with latest Gmail update😛
4.Auto sms/reply with sms/do not disturb sms- its again same come with all Androids😁
5.Improved SIRI with voice commands: I can't comment it that it is poorer or better than Samsung/Google voice command since I never experienced the SIRI. but Google/Samsung voice works well in creating sms, calling someone, setting alarm and post Facebook status
#-Link-Snipped-#
-- and some other features, If anyone know please compare it.
One thing also iOS is missing always is notification bar which let you know unprocessed facebook,twitter,mail, sms, task and other application specific notification is still missing.May be Apple will copy it in iOS7😲

Apple is suing Samsung for copying phone model. Hey, Google why not you sue apple for copying your features 😁

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# first of all, interesting thread! 👍
    Let us compare iOS 6 with Android's ICS

Apple has over 650,000 apps. 225,000 for iPad. Android is currently at 450,000 apps, of which most will work on smartphones. There are fewer apps specifically optimized for Android tablets.

If we talk about browser-sync, very few people use SAFARI browser. In iOS 6, your browser tabs can be synced between all of your devices. While with Chrome (beta) for Ice Cream Sandwich, and most of us use Chrome.

Improved SIRI with voice commands: I can't comment it that it is poorer or better than Samsung/Google voice command since I never experienced the SIRI. but Google/Samsung voice works well in creating sms, calling someone, setting alarm and post Facebook status
    Siri has been greatly improved, with new capabilities on movies, sports scores, and restaurant info for iOS6, and believe it or not, but most users will tell you that SIRI is better than google voice commands.

For mobile payments, iOS 6 has Passbook app that will aggregates all of your tickets, passes, and some of your payment cards into one mobile wallet type of solution. Whereas, Android has its 'Google Wallet' -> #-Link-Snipped-#

And now about the maps ->
    We all love google maps. I am so used to using them that, I practically rely on them when I am out-of-station. Now, with iOS6, Apple finally has its own Maps, which is a move that surprised no one, since Apple has been buying up mapping companies for years, and because Apple and Google aren't exactly getting along smashingly.

So, yeah each has its pluses and minues. ☕
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Yes, both have their pros-cons... the main question is if apple is coming with iOS6 today then it should have some exiting feature which no one else have.
    After few months Android Jellybean(4.1 or may be 5.0) set to release, probably it will have chrome as default browser.

Off the comparison topic but,
    I am watching XDA forum and find that people are having great customization with Android. As I am new to Android and my phone too, I will try custom ROM later, otherwise XDA guys are using
    ICS+HTC Sense+Beats Audio on Galaxy S2 (or other phones too), probably all the apps from Galaxy S3 will be available soon.Even people who say Windows 7.5 OS is beautiful, Android guys just need Launcher 7 and it will convert the all the look and feel like Windows mobile OS.
    Being open source it is so customizable.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    SIRI is the big differentiator! I personally feel Iphone UI is so good compared to any other phone.
    Samsung is also good but not as glossy as Iphone's.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Can anyone confirm that iPhone started using Gorilla glass?
    As I searched iPhone is not using yet.
    This glass can't get scratch and very tough even after one year use, as some members claimed on XDA. Samsung S2+ and Lumia 800+ phones have it😀 .
    you can find lots of toughness test of Gorilla glass on YouTube. #-Link-Snipped-#

Edit:
    here is list of products with #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Yep. Gorilla Glass 2 is tough and beautiful. #-Link-Snipped-#
    I use a samsung wave and it has really tough scratch-resistant glass screen. 😀
    There are rumors of using Corning glass on iPhone 5, but no one is sure of it yet. Apple acknowledges use of Corning Gorilla Glass on iPhone, means Gorilla Glass 2 likely for iPhone 5 - 9to5Mac

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Who will this year's Euro? Will it be Striker-less Spain or injured England, or will it be "Die Mannschaft" Germany or someone entirely different? Who are you rooting for???
Presently I am in 7th semester. I am very confused about this project. I search many places but didn't got any of my likes.I wanted a gud enough project about...
Post Funny Images here... Please Avoid Adult images
Here's a very simple yet very rarely discussed debate topic: Is being "selfish"- Good or Bad? Share your opinions.
ICANN - the organization that is responsible for maintaining and regulating the top level domains (like .com, .net. , .org and so on) had invited applications for the new top...