Inventory Management

Can anyone explain what we usually find in inventory system or stock system.? what are the function or processes of an inventory system.?
Please reply.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Hi #-Link-Snipped-# Welcome to CE.

Here's a brief overview of what the important components of an Inventory Management System can be -

1. Sales Person Module
    The point of sale of any super-market or grocery shop. In this module, activities like generating a bill, generating a receipt for returned goods, ability to check the inventory status (no. of products available and unavailable), creating a stock report of items nearing depletion.

2. Sales & Inventory Manager Module
    This kind of login should have a full access of inventory status, ability to search it, review stock report generated by sales person. And create reports for highest rolling items and lowest rolling items or daywise sales report.

3. Admin Module
    The one who will handle addition, deletion and updation (CRUD) of employees. Admin's role will be to handle errors generated in the system, to provide support by getting feedback etc.

You may ask further questions in replies.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Television may be seeing its next big transition with the influx of Smart TVs since Liquid Crystal Displays. The popular Korean giant has enjoyed huge success with smartphones in India...
Many people doubt the use of C++/C# programming in civil engineering . But we can also make our career in this field as programming is the sole of any civil...
Hello all never really done this before but here goes nothing, I am looking talk to an engineer (I have no idea what kind of engineer I am looking for)...
hello engineers...... i m making a robot for the robowars competitions and i need your help for selecting motors for motion and weapon. weight of the robot will be around...
How do you like the idea of playing Guitar to compose and send that important email to your boss? What do you think about adding music to the boring business...