Introduction to Parrallel port programming

I'm new with parrallel port programming and I would like to obtain Simple introductory lecture material for this course.Could any one of you be having any links to such material and if possible I would also like to know the relevant introductory books in this area and how I can obtain them.

Replies

• Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    hey tommy,

I'm not a hard core techie guy to solve your problem. So I suggest you post this question in the help section. We have engineers from various back grounds, some one might be able to help.

I also suggest you to search on the net, you may get some thing.
    Also check out this link:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Re: Introduction to Parallel port programming

Use the search function that is provided to you on the forums! I have written a very basic Parallel port programing tutorial in 2 parts.

If you find the tutorials, you will also find very useful links to other sites which provide in depth explanation. So search the forums for once.😉
  • thin_master
    thin_master
    There is a very good book written by a person named Jan Axelson. The name itself is "Introduction to parallel port programming".

The basic funda is that you will get memory address, like 8 bit. You can wirte into it and those bits will come out of the parallel port. For a parallel port there are 3 such 8 bit things. Once data port, one ocntrol port and one status port.

The rest you learn from the book. Its a really good book .
  • sd_C_E
    sd_C_E
    May the following link help you:

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Thanks for posting the links and books! It will help others mwho are looking for similar information.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello Friends! 1) I can prepare DOS bootable and Windows 98 bootable cds but i am not able to prepare windows xp cd. I tried two to three times but...
Recently I have started loving writing movie reviews. You may say thats because of my inherent quality(?) of analysing things, or people to the hilt. So here comes the second...
well one of my fenz was trying for iit and un-fortunately faild to make the cut now he is waiting for the cet results he wants to pursue computer science...
dudes.. i'm scnd yr electrncs student.. planning to do a mini project... my line of inerest is digital electronics.. can anyone guide for a good topic to do.. if not...
hi my name is Jet. i'm a college student, my major is Electrical Engineer. i post this thread to ask for help because i need to interview one person who...