Introduction to Metal Cutting Processes.

The metal working process are broadly classified as

1. Chip less or Non-chip forming processes-->
In these process metals are formed under action of heat, pressure, or both. It include forming, drawing, casting, spinning, etc.

1. Chip forming, metal cutting or machining process-->
In these processes metal actually cuts & chips are formed. The metal is removed from the work piece with help of wedge shaped tool. The relative motion between tools & work piece is remove the excess material in the form of chips. E.g. Turing, shaping, planning, etc.

• Classification of metal cutting processes ==>
#-Link-Snipped-#
#-Link-Snipped-#

The relative motion between work piece & tool is given by
1] Keeping the work piece stationary & moving the tool (e.g. shaping)
2] By keeping the tool stationary & moving the work (e.g. planning)
3] By moving the tool in relative to one another (e.g. turning )
Proper mechanism are designed & incorporated in the machine control the feeding movement between the tool & work.

Replies

• ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    reserved 😎
  • waltermax
    waltermax
    hey,
    Nice thread so useful about metal cause i really haven't knowledge a little about,
    Ship formatting,Metal cutting and machine process.but now i know so i just love this Thread..
  • ben11c
    ben11c
    Metal Cutting Must be done through appropriate Laser Process
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    ben11c
    Metal Cutting Must be done through appropriate Laser Process
    that is just another modern manufacturing method.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello CEans, This time in our KYcean series we came up with another awesome interview of a CEan posted around 170 posts a CE-maniac ,third year computer science student who...
hi.. frnds.. i want to know what are the diff. process req. prior to commencement of building and also after the constr.... if any link...pls suggest.......😐
Name: Manasseh Dickson Annan Engineering Trade: Electrical/Electronic Engineering. Location: Ghana. Occupation: Student/working Work Experience: 3years. Hobbies & Interest: Listening to Gospel music. Aim in Life: my aim is to be...
Hello frns...i need some information regarding the microcontrollers...Can we connect to internet using a microcontroller(whatevr the internet connection might be like wifi, gprs, 3g etc...) with out using a pchelp...
Well i am not preparing hard for CAT but this time i would like to give it a shot. I am mainly preparing for placement which i want.. I have...