Introducing Amnd K.

Well, uhh, the forum rules did say that the topic should be titled appropriately... ๐Ÿ˜ *shot*

After looking through the other introduction posts, I wondered whether the template given in the sticky topic is still valid or not, but, well, I'm not one against filling in these kind of stuff (and I saw that someone else still filled it in, ha), so:

Name: Amanda K.

Engineering Trade: Electrical Engineering

Hobbies & Interests: drawing, writing, text-based RPG, wasting time on the intarwebz as usual, ranting--(okay, let's stop here)

Aim in life: Err... to discover my true purpose in life?

About me: Just your unordinary university fresh(wo)man who landed in Electrical Engineering in a private uni because she didn't manage to get into one of her country's favourite universities--but is beginning to enjoy her trade. Just began to learn programming and somehow managing to form circuits out of electrical components half-consciously.

I joined CrazyEngineers because: I'm a crazy engineer, enough said.

Well, I hope that I won't cause any trouble here, and I also want to learn from other crazy--I mean, genius engineers in this forum. Greetings, all~ :smile:

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ahoy! Welcome to CE, Amanda ๐Ÿ˜€ ! I love it when electrical engineers join CE [ :sshhh: ]. We hope you will enjoy CE and help us spread the word among your friends.

We look forward to active contribution from you! [โ€‹IMG]
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Welcome to CE Amanda...!

We are glad to have you here...!
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    Welcome to CE family

Hope you will love to be a part of this community
  • Amnd
    Amnd
    @ The_Big_K: Well, I was also pleasantly surprised to see the amount of those hailing from Electrical Engineering myself ๐Ÿ˜ Well, I have hundreds of acquaintances in the department of Electrical Engineering, but I'm not sure whether they'd be confident enough in their English to join CE... But, never ventured, never gained; shall try.

As for contribution... maybe a few years later when I have finally learned something from this major of mine, eheh. I'm afraid I'm still too much of an Electrical Eng. newbie to contribute anything except questions...

@ sahithi pallavi and sarveshgupta: I'm glad to be welcomed with such warm greetings... Well, I sure hope I'll enjoy my time here ๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @amanda: CE is full of people who are students. CE aims to bring all engineers and engineering students together.

We don't expect our members to be English superstars, we just expect them to stick to English and not use SMS shortforms of words.
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    Welcome to CE Family Amanda ๐Ÿ˜Ž

We look forward to active contribution from you! ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Sure, you will enjoy your stay here...!
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Welcome to CE Amanda!!

A very nice Introduction!! A Electrical engineer ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Amnd
    Amnd
    @ The_Big_K: That's what I've been trying to tell them when it comes to joining international forums, but they're a bit shy... ;-) Nevertheless, I shall continue my endeavour, sire.

@ mahesh_dahale: Thank you, and I sure hope I will be able to, someday

@ sahithi pallavi: Seems so; CE looks like a very cozy forum to me ๐Ÿ˜

@ English-Scared: Yaaay, another one from Electrical Engineering~ Thank you.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Ah, a CEan neighbour from across the sea! ๐Ÿ˜€

Welcome to CE, hope you have a good time here. I was in my 2nd year of studies when I first joined this crazy community. Be sure to join some of our on going projects.

Do you like rpg games in general, or just text ones? I just got Dragon Age, a kick ass game for sure.
  • Amnd
    Amnd
    @ ash: Yea... Nice to see fellow Southeast Asian engineers, maybe when I have the chance to visit Malaysia again we can have some sort of gathering (?) of CEans around our area... Just a thought ๐Ÿ˜

I'm still in my first semester, but I hope I can catch up with the others and start contributing something useful.

At the moment, I'm pretty much just lurking and reading the topics here... Projects?

I like playing RPG games, but I haven't got the time to play games lately (I have a tendency to get addicted on these... just like what happened when I first got my hands on Fallout ๐Ÿ˜›). Didn't understand text-based forum RPGs until my friend dragged me into one, and now I'm addicted to that instead, haha (it's a teensy bit less addictive than RPG games, though...). In conclusion: I do like them, but I only have time to play them in the holidays. Dragon Age? What's that about?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Haha, just joined CE and eager to have a gathering already? ๐Ÿ˜‰ Yeah, I did contemplate on having a CE Meet in Malaysia, but there isn't enough of us to proceed with one. I've managed to convince some of my course mates to join CE, but they simply don't have time to post (or so they say). It would be good to have you drop by KL one day. We've had many successful CE Meets in India, so it would be great to start in other countries. Hope you'll manage to convince your friends to join this forum!

If you have any interesting ideas you'd like to discuss, feel free to drop by the CE Labs section. There, we try to turn ideas into reality. Its a great place to be, since you can use your creative brain to churn out interesting stuff ๐Ÿ˜€ We have a CEan who was 14 or 15 when she first joined us, KINETIC_JOULES. She contributed a lot with graphic designs and the sort.

Dragon Age is a new rpg game by Bioware. Its got great graphics, plot and character development. Gameplay isn't too shabby either. You can check it out here: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @ Ash: Let's say we'll have few more by next year and I'll come down to meet all of you. We can have a meet if there are 5 of us.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I thought we are all going to the US, in which gohm would sponsor all our flight tickets? *grin*

@Amanda
    Sorry for changing the topic of discussion (you). We do get carried away at times ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • gohm
    gohm
    Welcome to CE & thanks for the great introduction!

Ash, hope you don't mind flying 9th class? =)
  • yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit
    hi Amnd welcome to CE....

a really nice introduction....
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Welcome to CE...
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    hello....
    welcome to CE...๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    gohm
    Welcome to CE & thanks for the great introduction!

Ash, hope you don't mind flying 9th class? =)
    ...and that essentially means we've to find our seat somewhere in the landing gear. I doubt whether we'll get some free food in the flight. ๐Ÿ˜’

{sorry, got carried away again ๐Ÿ˜ }
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    welcome Amand ....... ๐Ÿ˜€
    nice introduction.
  • Dinkum
    Dinkum
    AMND,

I'm new too, but didn't pay enough attention to the requested introduction format... Thanks for pointing that out. I'll try to do better in the future... ๐Ÿ˜ณ
  • kumar_nitin
    kumar_nitin
    welcome amand, to CE world..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I don't mean to be a leecher right on the day I joined CE, but I'm a bit pressed on time for the completion of this task at the moment,...
hello friends i am rohit doing engineering in electrical & electronics branch.I need your help .I have to make a mini project within a week so can you please suggest...
A desperate woman writes to the Technical support Guy, Dear Tech Support, Last year I upgraded from Boyfriend 5.0 to Husband 1.0 and I noticed a distinct slowdown in the...
[FONT="]Just received this -[/FONT] [FONT="] [/FONT] [FONT="]Right Media will discontinue the DMX platform on January 31, 2010, so that we may focus on becoming a premium and differentiated exchange marketplace....
โ€“ High gas barrier back sheet for thinner photovoltaic modules โ€“ 1 December, 2009 โ€“ Mitsubishi Plastics, Inc. (MPI) today launches its high gas barrier Photovoltaic (PV) back sheet, BACK-BARRIER,...