Interview with Cemal Samsilova, Founder & CEO - Revocharge

Revocharge is a sleek, lightweight smartphone design case that serves as a wireless charger through the use of battery packs. It provides a full charge to both iPhones and Androids by using a direct conductive charge - a charge that is both safer and more efficient. Revocharge features a unique universal mounting system and earth magnets, allowing the user to easily and securely attach their phone to an arm band, car mount, belt clip, and their desktop charging system.

#-Link-Snipped-# was founded by Cemal Samsilova. Cemal completed Master of Science in Engineering Management and System Engineering from The George Washington University in the year 2014.

In an exclusive interview with CrazyEngineers.com, we got Cemal to talk about his experiences at Revocharge, what inspired him to start-up with Revocharge, the values that the team is committed to, how to bring courage and conviction to risky situations and a lot more. Read on!

Cemal Samsilova-Revocharge-CrazyEngineers
Cemal Samsilova

1. Hi Cemal. Could you please give a brief overview of Revocharge?

Cemal:
Revocharge is a unique magnetic, snap-on, wireless smartphone charging system – what makes it a game changer is that it gives iPhone and Android users the real freedom mobile phone users have been looking for. Finally the ability to cut cords and stay charged anywhere and everywhere.

2. How and where did you find inspiration to startup with Revocharge?

Cemal: I am a busy person who travels a lot – and like most people, I have experienced the frustration and disappointment that comes with missing calls and photo opportunities and just not having my phone battery living up to the mobility we need and expect today. I finally decided enough was enough and invented a solution. I am inspired by advancing technology and creativity.

3. What values are you committed to?

Cemal: I believe in courage and taking charge – that is, when I have an idea, I believe in making a plan and pursuing it. Bringing ideas to life. I value following through and even value learning from mistakes. It may sound like a cliché, but I love being able to help people using my ideas.

4. How do you bring courage and conviction to risky situations?

Cemal: Courage and conviction come from having a real belief in something 100 percent. Taking Revocharge from idea to prototype to reality, despite being a radical invention that will help a lot of people, was a risk on several levels – but having a profound belief in something, backed by facts, makes calculated risks easier to take.

Revocharge-Team-CrazyEngineers
The Team

5. What would you do differently if given the opportunity?

Cemal: On my first go, I put a lot of trust in other people in helping me get Revocharge off the ground. But in the end, I am the one who knows Revocharge best and needed to be involved more closely every step of the way. I firmly believe that everything is a learning experience, so I have no regrets.

6. If you could have a room full of any one thing, what would it be?

Cemal:
In a word, faith.

7. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be and why? How will that affect you as an entrepreneur?

Cemal: I think all entrepreneurs – particularly when they are inventors – have so much creativity and so many ideas floating around in their heads that it makes it difficult sometimes to focus and narrow down all the good ideas into one killer idea that is technically feasible and market ready. I think I am pretty good at this, but I would love to have an even more laser-like focus. I don’t know that this would affect me as an entrepreneur but might make it easier to get more ideas through the entire end-to-end invention process.

8. What is the best advice you have ever given and received?

Cemal:
The best advice I give to people is not to quit on their dreams no matter what anyone says.
The best advice I’ve received was to try not to ride two horses at the same time! You will fall!
9. Thank you for your time. Any message for our readers?

Cemal: We welcome you to check out our Kickstarter campaign, find out more details about what Revocharge is all about – and support us if you can! #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It was only back in September that XOLO announced the launch of its Windows phone - XOLO Win Q900S in India, which was very well received among the mobile-enthusiast community....
China based electronics company OPPO Electronics had recently in October launched a smartphone named OPPO R5. The phone broke Gionee’s record as the world’s thinnest smartphone when it released. OPPO...
India’s tech giant, the smartphone manufacturer Micromax is going to host an event in New Delhi on December 18th and it has been confirmed that they are launching their much...
The mechanism of virtual communication is primarily based on the communication protocols implemented in the services. The protocols currently in use are efficient but requires precise information to be provided...
A team of Korean scientists headed by Hyunhyub Ko has developed a stretchable electronic skin that can not only sense touch but also tell the direction from which it's coming....