Interview Question: Software Engineer

Interview Question:

What are the 5 qualities that make a good Software Engineer?

Replies

• born_star16
    born_star16
    I think a good Software Engineer can be judged on these five points: "Projection, Analysis, Patience, Time management and Enthusiasm." May be a lot more than this.😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Interesting question. I think they are -

1. Passion for computers.
    2. Thorough technical kowledge.
    3. Ability to work with a calm mind (and handle stress)
    4. Excellent communication skill
    5. Feather touch typing skill.
  • er.h3m4l
    er.h3m4l
    1. Logic ability.
    2. Code maniac.
    3. Passion.
    4. Balanced amount of both negative as well as positive thinking.
    5. Crazy Inventory ideas.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    When I was asked this question in an interview, this is what I answered.
    My answer started with an 'Ok'! 😁

Ok.
    The Software Engineer must be:
    1. Punctual, meaning should STRICTLY keep up with his schedules and work commitment.
    2. Have thorough knowledge of Technology he is working on and also keep himself / herself updated with the latest technology.
    3. Passionate about his Job.
    4. Able to communicate well.
    5. Honest (I really don't know why I said this) 😕
    My friend said I missed one very important point, Creativity.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The services Industry ( read Indian IT Industry ) does not need any creativity. If you can write a few lines in Java, you're in. Sucks.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    The_Big_K
    The services Industry ( read Indian IT Industry ) does not need any creativity. If you can write a few lines in Java, you're in. Sucks.
    I second that.

But even if one can write a few LOC, that should be done creatively. The most way to write code is to write no code at all. You can reuse, leverage and integrate it to put up a more creative and cost effective solution.
  • K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    The_Big_K
    I don't know about other platforms, but writing a each line of a java program tests the coder's mental ability. A person without a creative thinking is not at all eligible for programming.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    One thing every one is missing is How fast you can grab domain of the project.
    this helps a lot to understand how customer, it can be user in case of S/W product, is going to use that software and what enhancement and portability can be preserved.

Rest are,
    passion
    coding maniac
    No. of possible solutions for any problem
    how well you handle your team , either your teammates or seniors.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This was shared by YouTube page on G+ Ever wonder what a tree, or a skateboard, or maybe even your best friend's back would sound like if it could sing?...
Do you text-message while walking down the street? Do you see it as a serious issue? Casey Neistat, a filmmaker who submitted this video "Op-Doc" to our Opinion section, does:...
Hey guys could we use exercise machines for generating energy? Please support your ideas with the pros and cons of it.
The Board of IT Education Standards (BITES) and Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Asia’s largest IT company are organising the Second edition of the Engineering IT Quiz – “TCS TechBytes”. VISIT...
Could anyone pls help me in finding out a good latest research topic on computer