internship in second year

sir,
i am currently doing my b.tech second year(mechanical engineering).
i wish to do my internship in the coming summer break(2010) itself.
however we do have an advantage of having tata motors(pantnagar plant) in the university campus, but the college does not entertains the internships done in 2nd year.
futher, i wish to look upon other companies as well(besides tata).
please help me out with -
1) How and when to apply?
2) Is there any written test or interview?
3) if not then wats the criteria for qualifying?
4) Where else shud I apply for an internship?
5) How to apply online?
6) which one would be the best place to let me grow up as a mechanical engineer?

Replies

• nick27
    nick27
    apply for internships in IIT's

its very good,they may charge you about 5ks...

try for a research based internship at iit or iiits or nit...

even drdo and csir do offer these internships..
    check their webistes...
  • yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit
    anu_mech
    sir,
    i am currently doing my b.tech second year(mechanical engineering).
    i wish to do my internship in the coming summer break(2010) itself.
    however we do have an advantage of having tata motors(pantnagar plant) in the university campus, but the college does not entertains the internships done in 2nd year.
    futher, i wish to look upon other companies as well(besides tata).
    please help me out with -
    1) How and when to apply?
    2) Is there any written test or interview?
    3) if not then wats the criteria for qualifying?
    4) Where else shud I apply for an internship?
    5) How to apply online?
    6) which one would be the best place to let me grow up as a mechanical engineer?
    1. when you will have the recommended letter from the college then you can apply.
    2. no there is no written exam or interview.
    3.nothing specific...but in some companies a reference of the company worker.is needed.
    4.acc. to me you should learn either autocad or catia or proe form cad center.
    5.you have to go personally and meet the HR.
    6. i will suggest you to complete one of your design software completely in your vaccations ...

all the best..

• anu_mech
    anu_mech
    i know,....sorry i mean have done designing(first year summer break) ...not from CADD centre(dont have centre here) but from arena animation(only design centre of my city)....i know autocad (u can say very well)...n basics of catia....
  • yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit
    ok...then go for any good company like NTPC,BHEL, L&T etc for your training.....
  • anu_mech
    anu_mech
    Sir, Thats what my query is all about. How to apply for summer training?
  • yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit
    as i told you earlier you will get a letter from your college in feb or march. then go to any company and told them that you are interested in doing a summer training with them....

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I stumbled upon the term "Live MySQL Clustering" while reading a document. I tried searching on the web but couldn't find any article that explains it. Anyone here has information...
Hi Kinetic joules Happy Birthday!! 🎉🎉 We miss you , She was a good contributer well before I joined CE, read few posts of her. Come back!!
This link describes a curious connection between a 200 year old death mask and modern CPR training. Forensic Genealogy Book Contest
CEans, Any news about the latest Bhutan Quake? I hope all our CEans from Bhutan are safe and helping others. If you have more information, please post here.
CEans, IIIT Allahabad has organized annual techfest between 1[sup]st[/sup] - 5[sup]th[/sup] October 2009. Official Website: Effervescence MM9 Are there any CEans participating?