Internship At TCS - What do interns do?

I am persuing B. Tech(I.T.) ,5th semester not from very renowned college. But I have got a chance for internship in TCS in coming summer vaccation. But reading the blog (#-Link-Snipped-#) i am little bit confused, what shall i do?
They would really give me a chance to work on real project with there employee i.e. like an industrial training (not like crappy BSNL training ). Please provide me detail what an intern do at TCS. thanks in advance.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Bloggers have their own opinion and I believe we've had a discussion about it: #-Link-Snipped-#

Since you're interested in Internship with TCS, it's a great opportunity for you to discover the things on your own.

An Intern can do multiple things - work on an internal project (coding, development, testing etc.) ; but that'd be strictly defined by the type of internship TCS is offering. The best answer can come from the HRs.
  • fakirguy
    fakirguy
    dubex, I have read this article many times and I don't agree with the complete article. Don't get me wrong. The article is well written and makes some good points but I don't agree with the general sentiment of the article that you should always avoid these companies.

This blogger has written a part 2 of this article at #-Link-Snipped-# . I agree with this article more than part 1. Read point 6 in this article which gives good advice for your situation. I am pasting it below.

Copied from #-Link-Snipped-# :
    6. But everyone cannot join Adobe, Amazon, Google, etc.: Well, I never said that everyone should get into a reputed software product company. Not everyone wants to make a career in engineering. Some people have other goals in life. They just want a regular job. It sounds perfectly fine to me. My post was written for those who aspire to make a career in engineering. In my opinion, they should try to get into a reputed software product company or a start-up that is known to hire skilled engineers. If they aren't well prepared, the only thing they can do is to prepare well to fulfill their aspirations. Some people say that they should join Infosys, TCS and Wipro to earn a living while they are preparing and I think it's a great advice. I'll suggest considering contributing some new features or bug-fixes they would like to see in some open source project. The Apache Incubator has a lot of budding projects. They can try solving problems at #-Link-Snipped-#, Competitive Programming | Participate & Learn | CodeChef, #-Link-Snipped-#, About - Project Euler, etc. All these things are good ways of preparing in my opinion.
  • dubex
    dubex
    fakirguy
    dubex, I have read this article many times and I don't agree with the complete article. Don't get me wrong. The article is well written and makes some good points but I don't agree with the general sentiment of the article that you should always avoid these companies.

This blogger has written a part 2 of this article at #-Link-Snipped-# . I agree with this article more than part 1. Read point 6 in this article which gives good advice for your situation. I am pasting it below.

Copied from #-Link-Snipped-# :
    Ok , I understand what you want to say. But as i have completed 2nd year of my B. Tech life so i dont't know much about all this companies. Also i have heard little bit about these company which i am going to mention here(Sorry, if i am telling some thing wrong as i have not much understanding about these IT companies. Please point out all my misconceptions. For that i will be very thankfull to you people.).

1. Companies like TCS,Wipro,Infy treat employ like a animals and they provide much overload with pressure of work (some day employee have to work more than 14 hrs).
    2. They pay much less salary with no other facility as one employee should get as a part of company.As i have heard companies like Oracle,IBM,Yahoo provide good salary with other better facility(free medical checkup,free refreshment etc.).
    3. As blog has said that these companies(service based companies) provide regular job. But i have heard they kick out the employee when they want(without telling the proper reason).
    4. For fresher this companies(service based companies) don't provide much better salary(irrespective to there talent). They give salary(3-5 lac p.a.) to every freshers.
    Other doubt is that (also i want to ask to #-Link-Snipped-#) if i go to internship in the company TCS what they will tell us to do, what are timings when they work. Please at least give some idea as you may heard. All type of suggetions will be most welcome. Thanks in advance.
  • nivedhasundar
    nivedhasundar
    hello now i gointernship in tcs through my college.My doubt is during internship will they provide cab for the intern.please clarify me.
  • Sanchi Agarwal
    Sanchi Agarwal
    can u tell me how to get internship in TCS?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi...😀 I'm new to CE and hope i can improve my knowledge through this wonderful website. Well...I'm doing my B.tech 4th year CSE . I'm mad about doing job in...
Abstract: Typically, in an auction, say of the kind used to sell art, the auctioneer sets a relatively low initial price. This price is then increased until only one bidder...
First things first - I suck at Economics and Finance and try to make my own personal finance related decisions based on common sense. It's worked pretty well for me...
It is used to manage the export activities of the organization, which exports different kinds of goods to their customers across the globe. Abstract: The application should provide customers a...
The idea is to develop a virtual classroom to promote a great count of students to splurge into the field of education. Abstract: Virtual Classroom integrates the benefits of a...