Internet is connected but cannot browse internet

I have a dsl internet connection. From the last 4 days ,windows xp sp2, notifies me that local area connection is connected. but when i open the browser it is unable to load even a single webpage. In properties dialouge box of internet connection packets are" sent"but not "recieved". please suggest the all the possible solutions of this problem.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    When that happens, most of the times it's the issue with your ISP. You might try out pinging Yahoo or Google servers or type the netstat commands if you're familiar with them. But I'm quite confident that having your ISP servicemen check the status will definitely help. The problem doesn't seem to be on your side; unless you misconfigured something.
  • Indrajeet Roy
    Indrajeet Roy
    First, check the lights on the modem. If any one is blinking, contact the ISP. If they are steady, then try the following:

open cmd and type the following:

"ping Google" ( Without the quotes)

If you get a reply which says Reply From .....[etc] your internet is connected. In this case check to see if your browser is not in offline mode.

If the reply says Request Timed out or ping request could not find host, do the following:
    1. Switch off the modem.
    2. Disconnect all the wires from it.
    3. Reconnect all the wires.
    4. Switch on the modem.
    5. Try the Internet.
    If the Internet still does not connect, contact the ISP.

Hope that helps 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

From where i can learn to design operating system in c language? how can i start? I want full information about it.
https://www.faadooengineers.com/threads/2472-Awesome-Collection-of-Seminar-Topics-450-topics! Even thread name is same! I mean seriously are we so short of creativity or are we lost in the race to earn from AdSense? AbraKaDabra or K, you...
What exactly is meant by an integrated starter and generator (ISG)? How and where are they used? I would appreciate if someone came up with a brief explanation for this...
how can we complete the circuit of grounding?? what if earth wire is not connected in any home??
What Is Static Synchronous Series Compensator??..elaborate it please