Internet Filtering

Hi all,

I have seen some sites which gives access to blocked sites .
Some sites which provide these services are vtunnel.com.
These are called as internet filtering.Can anyone tell how these sites actualy work.

Also if i get orkut site through vtunnel. I was seeing some other ads alongwith some other scripts in the page.Is is safe to use those orkut page. Is it fake???Please let me know.

Replies

• Kishan Gupta
    Kishan Gupta
    vtunnel is a proxy site, for accessing blocked websites. There are many proxy sites that allow us to visit blocked sites.

These simply take address from (url) you, and they request for that page on behalf of you. When they got required page they encode address and show you with some adds and scripts. This is simple proxy, where no ssl is used. There is also option for encoding whole page, or use https service. In this all data are encrypted. If content based filtering is on in your organisation, then it will pass it.

in my opinion never open orkut, gamil, and other important sites via proxy; as risk of hacking is very high of those account.
  • Derriper
    Derriper
    look friend vtunnel is a well known proxy site and we all knows that these are some site which collects the url of blocked sites and provides us these types of ads. so there is an easy way to open these site like gmail, orkut, twitter, facebook, or any site direct via browser.

#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Dr. Sukhendu das, Department of Computer Science & Engineering , IIT Madras neatly explained about the Cathode Ray Tubes(CRT) Display Devices in Computer Graphics. Feel free to ask your questions...
Dr. Sukhendu das, Department of Computer Science & Engineering , IIT Madras neatly explained the concept of Transformations in Computer Graphics. Feel free to ask your questions and please contribute...
Dr. Sukhendu das, Department of Computer Science & Engineering , IIT Madras neatly explained the concept of 2D Transformations in Computer Graphics. Feel free to ask your questions and please...
Dr. Sukhendu das, Department of Computer Science & Engineering , IIT Madras neatly explained the concept of Three Dimensional Graphics in Computer Graphics. Feel free to ask your questions and...
Dr. Sukhendu das, Department of Computer Science & Engineering , IIT Madras neatly explained the concepts of Project Transformations and Viewing Pipeline in Computer Graphics. Feel free to ask your...