Internet Explorer Losing Ground

he world’s most-used internet browser, Microsoft’s Internet Explorer, is on a steady decline in India, reveals a study by Irish

Top 10 internet passwords
How to get better @ Twitter
Timeline: Google's China woes
metrics firm StatCounter. IE, as it’s known, has lost almost 20% market share in India in the past two years, even as Google’s Chrome and Mozilla’s Firefox make great strides.

According to StatCounter, the percentage of PCs running Internet Explorer in India dropped from close to 70% in 2008 to about 51%, currently . The drop was despite an absence of any regulation by a trade commission , unlike that mandated by European Union on Microsoft, this year.

In Europe, Internet Explorer lost three times more share this month than usual in some European countries since the company was forced to mandate a ballot screen by EU in its Windows 7 operating system.

The ballot screen offers a choice between Mozilla’s Firefox, Google’s Chrome, Apple’s Safari, Opera and others, by displaying icons of rival browsers.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I just hope IE improves. I'd not want the browser to die, but it MUST improve and start adhering to the standards. Its big pain in the a$$ when it comes to styling the websites.
  • kunaljd
    kunaljd
    the recent google attack were done using IE. IE is not that fast also.opera and chrome are very much faster than IE
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thread moved to CE InFocus section.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Source: HTML5 | Brightcove Its obviously irritating that Apple's iPad does not allow Flash. But no need to worry. Brightcove already has a technology to help you watch videos on...
It might be difficult to find CEans who are using twitter. So I'm thinking about collecting IDs of CEans who are on Twitter so that we can follow each other...
Mercedes Benz, the luxury car manufacturer is planning to give India its A Class car in a couple of years. The company aims to enter the small car segment of...
Shaoxing, China seems to be sending lot of malware to the world. Symantech's Message labs recently published a paper with some interesting statistics: 1. 21.3% of targeted attacks originated from...
Email Headers can provide lot of information about email origin and time. But as I understand it, the information is very limited. I'm wondering, whether email headers can be extended...