Interesting puzzle, can you crack it?

Hi all! Lets see if the brains of crazyengineers can work this out!

A Professor and a lady are travelling in a train. They get around talking and the lady decides to give a puzzle to the Prof. She tells him that she has 3 children whose product of ages is equal to the maximum number of runs possible to score in an over without any illegitimate ball being balled (i.e. NB, Wide, etc). Also, the sum of their ages is equal to her berth number. However, the professor isn't able to answer. The lady then gives him a further hint that the eldest of her children is has only one eye. At this information, the Professor knows the ages of the three children.

My question to you is that you DONT know the lady's berth number. Can u tell me the ages of her children?

Replies

• Neha
    Neha
    smita89
    The lady then gives him a further hint that the eldest of her children is has only one eye.
    I think there z something missing here, is it??
  • smita89
    smita89
    No Neha, the question is absolutely correct. The only clue you need is

She tells him that she has 3 children whose product of ages is equal to the maximum number of runs possible to score in an over without any illegitimate ball being balled (i.e. NB, Wide, etc).
    keep trying ;-)
  • Hussanal Faroke
    Hussanal Faroke
    ANS: (2,2,9)

As per the first two conditions the probable ages are (1,1,36),(1,2,18),(1,3,12),(1,4,9),(1,6,6),(2,3,6),(3,3,4) and (2,2,9).
    Professor know her berth number but he don't get the answer. That is sum of the ages of the children can make in two or more ways.That reduces the chances to two { (2,2,9),(1,6,6) }.
    From the third option, we got a constraint that, there is only one elder child. And we got the answer of (2,2,9)
  • Hussanal Faroke
    Hussanal Faroke
    Ans (2,2,9). Is this right.
  • smita89
    smita89
    yes that IS the right answer! the logic is correct too. Good Work!
  • Rohan Goyal
    Rohan Goyal
    #hussananl_Faraoke
    The lady said "eldest" not "elder".
    The eldest can be the one of 3
  • MAJESTIC MANJYOT
    MAJESTIC MANJYOT
    smita89
    Hi all! Lets see if the brains of crazyengineers can work this out!

A Professor and a lady are travelling in a train. They get around talking and the lady decides to give a puzzle to the Prof. She tells him that she has 3 children whose product of ages is equal to the maximum number of runs possible to score in an over without any illegitimate ball being balled (i.e. NB, Wide, etc). Also, the sum of their ages is equal to her berth number. However, the professor isn't able to answer. The lady then gives him a further hint that the eldest of her children is has only one eye. At this information, the Professor knows the ages of the three children.

My question to you is that you DONT know the lady's berth number. Can u tell me the ages of her children?
  • MAJESTIC MANJYOT
    MAJESTIC MANJYOT
    smita89
    yes that IS the right answer! the logic is correct too. Good Work!
    i dont think so because she use eldest and so, the correct option is i guess none
  • Vikas Pandey
    Vikas Pandey

Chillam bana ra

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

haii 😔.........
hello, i m the b.tech final year student n seeking a mini project for 7th semester. plz give some links or file that will fulfill my requirement. thanx.... redards shahrukh...
Hi... Thought I would do a mini project...and I'm yet to start ...I need some ideas for doing projetcs...And I haven't done before...So please do give some tips.. And it...
Hey all, I'm Smita Mishra, currently in my 3rd year of electronics and telecom engineering from KISD, Bhubaneswar. My current work experience is aimless wandering through the two years of...
HI............I am in final year BE Electronics................I am finding very difficult to choose the topic and field for projects................Can u pls suggest me some?.....................presently I thought of doing project on...