Interesting Profiles On CE!

Every day, I stumble upon interesting profiles of our members. Some are so desperate for project ideas that they ignore instructions. Look what happens when you ignore the instructions -

[โ€‹IMG]

๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

Replies

• sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    well what you have done it should be done as this will came into thier notice!!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Check out the registration form. It clearly tells how to enter information in that profile.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    very funny they are
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    I cannot believe a person who don't know much about the forum can do so. I think it might be a prank played by any old CEan only who is frustrated with this forum and want to irritate you people more and more. I don't think so anyone who has enough brains to register and is new to this forum can do such intolerable things in starting only.

If they are CEans playing such stupid pranks I wish I could beat them very badly. Are you listening stupid newbies(rather useless CEans) ? ๐Ÿ˜ก

By the way why you people don't make a drop down giving limited but basic options of Engineering trades to select. I don't know why proper validations are not done for stopping all this nonsense in this website code and now you people blame these stupid people.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We had a drop down long time ago. But it was then removed as a text field was a better option.

Guess I'll have to enable the disciplines drop down in registration field.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    The_Big_K
    We had a drop down long time ago. But it was then removed as a text field was a better option.
    For the first time I heard a textfield option is better than drop down in registration form. ๐Ÿ˜
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    In a drop down you are restricted to the limited choices available. Eg You won't have option for communication engineer, instead you will find electronics and communication. So you will have to chose something most related to your field.
    If you put all fields and specializations, it would make quite a long list.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    shalini_goel14
    For the first time I heard a textfield option is better than drop down in registration form. ๐Ÿ˜
    Shalini, the field that you see is the modified version. Earlier, we were accepting the engineering field information in different format for which the text field.

By the way, text field option is better in many cases in a registration form. [โ€‹IMG]
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    raj87verma88
    In a drop down you are restricted to the limited choices available. Eg You won't have option for communication engineer, instead you will find electronics and communication. So you will have to chose something most related to your field.
    If you put all fields and specializations, it would make quite a long list.
    I don't think so it matters much if a Communication engineer writes "Electronics and Communications" engineer in his/her profile atleast we people get an idea that what kind of engineer he/she is rather than having rubbish trades mentioned in their profile.Right?

The_Big_K
    Earlier, we were accepting the engineering field information in different format for which the text field.
    I guess your this sentence is missing some words. Looks like an incomplete sentence.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Nothing wrong with having a drop down list. So what if it is long? It's a one off process for the user, just like choosing which country you are from.

In addition, it is easier to collect statistics that way.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @ Shalini: I'm so sorry. I was too sleepy. ๐Ÿ˜”

I guess I'll work on implementing the engineering disciplines drop down list.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Newer branches and specializations in engineering are constantly being added. It would really be difficult to include all those in the drop down list.
    May be we could combine drop down and text box. List all the common engineering disciplines in a drop down, and provide a radio button saying 'others'. If any specialization is not in the drop down, let the user select other and fill in his discipline using a text box. How's that?
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    silverscorpion
    May be we could combine drop down and text box. List all the common engineering disciplines in a drop down, and provide a radio button saying 'others'. If any specialization is not in the drop down, let the user select other and fill in his discipline using a text box. How's that?
    Perfect Scorpion. ๐Ÿ˜€

Instead of any radio button we can have an option "Others" in drop down itself and when user selects it a textfeield should appear on right.
    I guess it should have been done this way only in the starting but one more thing I would like to add is size limit on textfield (say? maximum 15-20 characters).
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Someone just entered 'CAD Design' in the text field. Now tell me how do we take care of this?

I guess we'll keep the text field, but put a limit to characters in it.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    It is quite obvious people will enter whatever they will like when they are getting option of a textfield but if they will be given choices(I mean by drop downs) then they will select only from it accordingly and if not available, "Others" option will be given with textfield enabled.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    The_Big_K
    Someone just entered 'CAD Design' in the text field. Now tell me how do we take care of this?

I guess we'll keep the text field, but put a limit to characters in it.
    We can have the drop downs with one of the options as 'others'. If some one doesn't find his/her engineering branch in the list, he/she can select others. On selection, a text box should open where he can enter his engineering branch.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    The_Big_K
    I guess I'll work on implementing the engineering disciplines drop down list.
    Don't forget to add my field. It is Mechanical and Automation

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

as we know that power equation of the signal is given as P(t)=integral(t1 to t2) XSquare(t) also P(t)=integral(t1 to t2) Xmodulus(t) to make the negative sign of signal positive. My...
can somebody please explain me event delegation model in detail. i did it from herbert schildt but encounter problems implementing it. an example explained would be useful.
where are swing, beans part of java used in industry? i wana study a language thoroughly. which one among java(swing and beans included), .net, vb or php should i go...
Hi everyone, Is there somebody that knows the equation to calculate equivalent system gate of a VIRTEX-4 FPGA? Thanks Marco
Hello everybody, I'm doing my Master Thesis about designing and building a Solid State Laser. For that, I need to pulse a Xenon Flashlamp(The trigger T in the small schema)...