Interesting experiment with ADSL splitter - 2

Previously, I have done some experiments with the ADSL splitter.

I have been going ahead with more experiments, now I would like to post all of them here, including the old and the new ones.

Their schema can be found in

chart3 | thinhnghiem | Flickr

Experiment a)

Plug the telecommunication line into the input. Then in the output lines, I make the swapping. I plug the phone line to the internet output, and the internet line to the phone output
Then I dial the phone to call to a fax number
Surprisingly, I heard the busy tone, instead of fax tone.
Note: When I connect in normal way, plug the phone line to the phone output, and internet line to the internet output, this effect does not happen. That means I heard the fax tone as usual

Experiment b)

I make the looping back from the net output to the input. To do this, I cut into the cable and heal the wire inside, with the same color correspondingly (green to green, red to red)
Then, I connect phone output to a telephone machine.
Result: No tone heard when I picked up the phone machine

Experiment c)

I make the connection between phone output and net output, by cutting into the cable and healing the wire inside, with the same color correspondingly (green to green, red to red), similarity as I did in experiment b)
Then, I connect phone output to a telephone machine.

Experiment d)

Wall line is plugged into the net output (Not the input). Then, I make the looping back from the phone output to the input. To do this, I cut into the cable and heal the wire inside, with the reverse color correspondingly (green to red, red to green)
Then, I connect input line to a telephone machine.

Note: If I repeat the same experiment by healing the wire with the same color correspondingly (green to green, red to red), no issue happens. The tone can be heard from the phone machine

Experiment e)

Wall line is plugged into the phone output (Not the input). Then, I make the looping back from the net output to the input. To do this, I cut into the cable and heal the wire inside, with the same color correspondingly (green to green, red to red)
Then, I connect input line to a modem to emit Internet signal
Result: No internet signal is created

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If the "100 pico-Kelvin" does not give you an idea - it's just 10 billionth of a degree above absolute zero; −273.15°C on Celsius scale. The theory says that at...
how to learn gui with plc and with which software it is easy to learn for a beginner
Behind every successful man there are a lot of unsuccessful years. ​ Identify your goal and define them clearly. A goal will remain only a pipe dream unless you pursue...
Inflation is when you pay fifteen dollars for the ten-dollar haircut you used to get for five dollars when you had hair. ​The importance of inflation in financial planning cannot...
respected sir,i m mrugesh raval form gujarat........how can i prepare campas interview in my collage?