Intel's Ivy Bridge Set For April 8 Launch

After Intel's 32nm Sandy Bridge processors showed up at the beginning of the year, it had broken several sales and performance records. And though the details of Intel's next generation processors, the #-Link-Snipped-#, has been floating around since long, it won't be until April 2012 that we get our hands on them.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Report: Intel to launch Ivy Bridge on April 8 | Tom's Hardware suggests that Intel has decided to launch the line-up of #-Link-Snipped-# on April 8, 2012. The line-up features 25 CPUs which includes 17 CPUs for desktop and 8 CPUs for notebooks. Desktop processors include an array of high performance quad-core CPUs like Core i7-3770K, 3770, 3770S, 3770T and a few Core i5 processors like the Core i5-3570, 3550 & 3450. The price range of these processors is between $184 to $332. Another instalment of the series, Core i5-3470T, priced at $184 will be made available later in the month of May.

The supporting chipset family for the 22nm architecture processors would be Z77, H77, Z75 and B75. The said chipsets would be available at the time of launch of the CPU where as the Q77 and Q75 chipsets would be available from May 13 onwards.

The high performance mobile edition of the CPUs are Core i7-3920QM, 3820QM and 3720QM at a hefty price of $1096, $568 and $378 respectively. While the Ultrabook edition of the processors Core i7-3667U and Core i5-3427U would be released in the later part of 2012. Some other models of the mobile edition includes Core i5-3520M, 3360M & 3320M. The supporting chipset family of these CPUs are the HM77, UM77, HM76 & HM75 with QS77 and QM77 scheduled for launch in May.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The ever-expanding Galaxy lineup is preparing for another major launch for the MWC 2012. Only recently, Samsung released the Galaxy Nexus phone, and with the number of Android activations growing,...
Young technology-enthusiast activists at the Occupy Wall Street movement have come up with an idea to create their own version of the popular social networking site 'Facebook.' “I don’t want...
Looking at the recent trends, it seems like malware and hacktivism are only on the rise. Symantec's research has led to the discovery of a new Trojan, Android.Arspam. This Trojan...
Facebook Timeline is a new way to tell the world your story with a new type of profile. The new version of Facebook profile works fine on mobile version of...
Finally after three and a half months of continuous journey, the twin spacecraft launched by NASA will finally come back-to-back with the Moon on this New Year. One of the...