Intel's Corei7 Ivy-Bridge-E Launches From September 4th Onwards.

As per the latest leak, Intel's HEDT Processors Core-i7 Ivy Bridge-E will be available to specific markets in the world from 4th september onwards. The fully release of Ivy Bridge-E to entire market will be no later than September 11th.

Ivy bridge-E will be replacing Sandy Bridge-E.This new flagship uses same socket & chipset i.e LGA2011 & X79 respectively.However, the latest patch to the current BIOS has been added to support the Ivy Bridge-E chipsets, so if you're planning to upgrade your system to IVB-E, you have to flash the latest BIOS which is available from the retail manufacturer's website.

IntelDTRoadmap
In the Ivy Bridge-E branch, three new flagships have been proposed : Core i7-4960X Extreme Edition, Core i7- 4930K & Core i7-4820K.All three of Ivy bridge-E are based on 22nm, built into LGA2011 package with BClk multipliers.

- Intel Ivy Bridge-E Core i7-4960X Extreme is a Hexa-core processor with 3.60 GHz clock-speed which can be increased upto 4.00 GHz using Turbo boost, 15MB L3 Cache.

- Intel Ivy Bridge-E Core i7-4930K is another Hexa-core processor with 3.40 GHz clock-speed, can be increased to 3.90 GHz using Turbo boost, 12MB L3 Cache.

- Intel Ivy Bridge-E Core i7-4820K is Quad-core processor with 3.70 GHz clock,which can be reached upto 3.90 GHz using Turbo boost, 10MB L3 Cache.

As per official information, a simple BIOS update to X79 based chipset can support new Intel Ivy bridge-E, there are fair chance that new X79 chipset's manufacturers might add SATA 6b/s ports & USB 3.0

Source : #-Link-Snipped-#

Any CEan upgrading ?

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Mostly I wish to have a high end Laptop I think the clock speed and Cache looks promising

If with 8 GB RAM price is below a lakh this is worth some consideration else the same old story
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Buddy It's HEDTP, you will never find these processors in any mobile platform.
    However, Hexa-core & each core at 4.00 GHz with Turbo speed, is bloody insane. 24 GHz ! (^_^)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

For those who have time to waste, here is a D-I-Y cell phone: https://www.instructables.com/id/ArduinoPhone/?ALLSTEPS
Be warned. Use of this device has a potential hazard of getting you to class on time and possibly electrify the girls and guys around. https://www.instructables.com/id/Electric-Mini-Motorcycle/?ALLSTEPS
Electronic devices and components Some common electronic components are capacitors, inductors, resistors, diodes, transistors, etc. Components are often categorized as active (e.g. transistors and thyristors) or passive (e.g. resistors and...
https://nrumiano.free.fr/Estars/b_holes.html A must read which clearly helps in differentiating the black hole from other stars and also some criteria for a star to turn into a black hole This also...
My Final year project.Details are in the ppt attached. It had some flaws which were later rectified on pcb. We had little experience with pcb cad software Eagle so the...