Instruction set?

What are the conditions of CMP instruction?

if its "CMP B"
what flag is set at the A>B?
what flag is set at the A=B?
what flag is set at the A

Replies

• narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    i think it is given on the program based
  • yanivx
    yanivx
    The compare instruction CMP subtracts the two operands but does not store the results. What it does do is set flags, in particular, zero, negative, carry, parity, and auxillary carry, so you can follow up the instruction with a conditional branch or call instruction to perform some operation based on the comparison of those two numbers.....

• yanivx
    yanivx
    jav
    What are the conditions of CMP instruction?

if its "CMP B"
    what flag is set at the A>B?
    what flag is set at the A=B?
    what flag is set at the Aflag is set to 0 when A=B
    parity flag is set when A>B
    carry flag is set when A Here A stands for the value stored in the Accumulator..
    njoy.... 😉
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    nice answer buddy

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

why I-sections are commonly used.
I am about to throw a big party, and I bought 243 bottles of wine. 48 hours before the party begins, I receive a letter saying that one of those...
Summer Season is on in India! Water is essential part of our life, it is duty of each one of us to contribute towards water management. [video=youtube;UL9ltMfAJJU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL9ltMfAJJU[/video] How To Save...
I want to pursue Graduation in Computer Science and Engineering. pls tell me the career options and job opportunities ?
Hi frndz.....I would like to where to get GRE material and support...I am a freshman from Coimbatore.....Please mention websites or institutes...