:arrow:Whats the difference between instruction pointer and program counter:?:

Replies

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    program counter and instruction pointer both are same

it holds address of instruction currently being executed
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    ya program counter , instruction counter and location counter are same and it is a type of register which holds the location of current program being executed by holding its address and the contents of the program counter is transfered to the control unit basing on the MDR (Memory Data Register)instruction.

And the location counter transfer the control to the MAR(memory Address Register) , now it also contains the address of the current executed memory location and now MBR contains a copy of the content of memory which is specified by MAR(memory buffer register).
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    ya program counter , instruction counter and location counter are same and it is a type of register which holds the location of current program being executed by holding its address and the contents of the program counter is transfered to the control unit basing on the MDR (Memory Data Register)instruction.

And the location counter transfer the control to the MAR(memory Address Register) , now it also contains the address of the current executed memory location and now MBR contains a copy of the content of memory which is specified by MAR(memory buffer register).
  • ankit_rawat
    ankit_rawat
    i think both r same.But program counter means register which holds the address of nxt instruction to be executed.
  • Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    @all

Thanks for the reply😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Really funny ad - [video=youtube;ejEBSeddCg8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejEBSeddCg8[/video]
Why don't we get a shock by touching a circuit board(Big ones),if all the wires are integrated in it?😕
Hello folks, I have got offer to work for Siemens(SISL) on contract basis for system testing. I have 1yr of testing experience... I would like know if working on contract...
I'm currently pursuing 3rd semester in Manufacturing Sc. Engineering I want to know whether its better to appear Mechanical or Production & Industrial Engg. paper in GATE And as our...
Name: Whats In Name😁 Engineering Trade: Computer Science Location: New Delhi,India Occupation: Student I joined CrazyEngineers because: Its a nice community and worth joining😁