Install WINDOWS 8 on Dell inspiron N5010

Hi I m struggling to install WIN 8 on my LAPtop Dell inspiron N5010 because officially it doesn't support it. Is there any way to install it? Help .

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    what is the problem you are getting.
    If you have ISO file then just burn on dvd or use#-Link-Snipped-# to make bootable USB installer and boot via usb.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Scorpion007
    Hi I m struggling to install WIN 8 on my LAPtop Dell inspiron N5010 because officially it doesn't support it. Is there any way to install it? Help .
    Could you be a bit more clearer on 'officially it doesn't support it'? Is it the hardware issue or something else?

If you download the Windows 8 installer, it will perform a checkup of your system and tell you whether the machine is capable of supporting Windows 8. It could also be because of your current operating system. Could you post your system's current configuration?
  • Scorpion007
    Scorpion007
    The_Big_K
    Could you be a bit more clearer on 'officially it doesn't support it'? Is it the hardware issue or something else?

If you download the Windows 8 installer, it will perform a checkup of your system and tell you whether the machine is capable of supporting Windows 8. It could also be because of your current operating system. Could you post your system's current configuration?
    I was trying to install It on my lap top when installation process start running after some time a blue screen (Not BSOD ) of Win 8 appear and Installation will not go ahead. I have trying many time then I check Dell website there I found list of non supporting laptop models for window 8and mine laptop model's name is also there I can't Understand why because my Hardware configuration of my Lappy is quiet good Core i3 processor 4GB RAM . Please help me
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Are you 100% sure that your laptop isn't supported by Windows 8? Because there's no reason why your hardware shouldn't support Windows 8. I'd recommend upgrading drivers first, installing all the latest updates on your Windows 7 machine (I'm guessing that you've Windows 7 running on your machine).

It's not clear how are you upgrading your machine? Do you have a retail version or are you following the standard Windows 8 installer available for Windows 7?
  • Scorpion007
    Scorpion007
    The_Big_K
    Are you 100% sure that your laptop isn't supported by Windows 8? Because there's no reason why your hardware shouldn't support Windows 8. I'd recommend upgrading drivers first, installing all the latest updates on your Windows 7 machine (I'm guessing that you've Windows 7 running on your machine).

It's not clear how are you upgrading your machine? Do you have a retail version or are you following the standard Windows 8 installer available for Windows 7?
    I have installed windows 8 on my Desktop from same DVD but problem come while installing on Laptop. below please find the link where my laptop model is listing not support model, i dont know why?

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Scorpion007
    Scorpion007
    Please any one can help me ?????????????????????????????????????????

Come on CEa's I am still waiting for solution. Could any body help me????????????????????????????
  • pradeep.pawar
    pradeep.pawar
    Do this if you can, uninstall ram and uninstall hard disk and install them back try again clean install of windows 8, it should work think i have installed windows 7 on pc which is designed for windows xp when 7 was not into existence.
    PC manufacturers will tell you so many things why it doesn't happen, but as an engineer we have to make things possible and work for everything well, isn't it?
  • pradeep.pawar
    pradeep.pawar
    One best thing you can do might be stupid for few, but try at your own risk i have done this many times, possible connect laptops HDD to pc format and install windows 8 in HDD through pc and when done install HDD back in laptop, see what happens, in my case i had to install only drivers and nothing much, but do it at your own risk i should not be held responsible if anything goes wrong.👍

Beware am a techmaniac.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    You can try by replacing the boot manager. your laptop probably has one which is dell factory customised. Also check in device manager if your primary hard disk is 'dynamic'. If it is, you wont be able to install windows 8. For that you need to format hard disk.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello friends i got DESD= 587 wimc=945 dviesd=292 completed B.tech in ECE with 74 % Honors from RAjasthan Technical University 2012 my interest is in DESD so confused with cdac...
Hi, I am need of a web engineering project ideas .... Plz post ur ideas ... Thanks
When it comes to technology related news, there are handful companies that dominate the whole thing and the list includes: Apple, Samsung, Facebook & Google. Out of these, I think...
i just have one basic question about amplifiers. do they work for A.C signals as well. now supposing an A.C current has to be amplified leaving the voltage unchanged, then...
hey guys does anyone here know what type of motors are used in sewing machines and the maximum torque that they deliver.(just an approximate value). Besides this does anyone know...