Inside It - MPFI

MPFI stands for Multi Point Fuel Injection
p { margin-bottom: 0.08in; } This is a type of Petrol Injection System in which the carburettor is replaced by Petrol Injection to inject the fuel in the intake manifold. There it mixes with air stream in an atomized form.
The amount of mixture that enters the intake manifold in controlled by throttle valves.
MPFI means that the fuel is injected from more than one injector.

For Image of its working click the following link: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Functional Division of the MPFI System
    The MPFI system is divided into three main parts:

1. Electronic Control System
    2. Fuel System
    3. Air Inductor System

Electronic Control System
    This includes the following components:

• Sensors: Engine RPN sensor, Air Pressure Sensor, Air Volume Sensor
    • Air Flow Meter
    • Injection Time Switch
    • Controllers: Injection Volume Controller
    • ECU (Electronic Control Unit) – This processes the information and sends the signals further

Fuel System
    It consists the fuel tank,fuel pump, Injector Time Switch, Cold Start Injector, Fuel Pressure Regulator, Injectors, Inlet Manifold

Air Induction System
    Contains the Air Cleaner, Throttle Body, Air Intake Chamber, Air Control Unit etc
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Classification:

1. Based on Position of Injection Point

• Port Injection
    • Throttle Body Injection

2. On Basis of Injection Action
    • Timed or Pulsed
    • Continuous Injection

3. Basis of Position of Components in the Control Circuit
    • D-MPFI
    • L-MPFI
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    have to rush...will post the details of each classification later

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

"Technical Wizards" are what they called. (I love that term ) Walt Disney coined the term *Imagineer* and it has stuck with the Engineers are Disney ever since. Walt Disney...
Hi All, I am working on one project need your help. let me make it simple. since, you may not be interested in long story. I have a circuit its...
Hey , Me looking for an idea to reduce electricity theft....... As in our country it is more...... Me working on some ideas....... If you have any idea reply to...
Hey , If you know please tell me how the boiler is constructed???? with materials used...... Regards, VIPUL
....or neither? See this video. A rather funny take on the topic. [video=youtube;oObrV0qDvGE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oObrV0qDvGE[/video] But seriously, let your opinions flow in..