Insert Dashes In Between Numbers Using SQL

Can anyone help with this???????. IF i have a ssn like 123459636 and i want to insert dashes into it how would i do that in SQL; i have tried but dint get Result like "123-45-9636". i got "-9636"

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    check this out..

#-Link-Snipped-#

like:
    SELECTSUBSTRING(ACCOUNTNUMBER,1,3)+'-'+SUBSTRING(ACCOUNTNUMBER,4,5)+'-'+SUBSTRING(ACCOUNTNUMBER,9,2)FROM BILLING.ACCOUNT
    and
    SELECTLEFT(ACCOUNTNUMBER,3)+'-'+SUBSTRING(ACCOUNTNUMBER,4,5)+'-'+RIGHT(ACCOUNTNUMBER,2)FROM BILLING.ACCOUNT
  • Tehreemq
    Tehreemq
    ok thank u...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi all, I want to write a script in perl which will execute under gdb (is it possible in perl? or i will have to use python) to automate the...
how should we find projects at the end of first year and also on which topic we should start learning to get a good project(computer science based)??
The next generation XBOX might get a new official name - XBOX Infinity with a tag-line 'Infinite Entertainment. Infinite Possibilities.'. A leaked image on Reddit shows a new logo &...
The unmanned X-51A WaveRider experimental aircraft was test-flown off the Southern California coast and it did an impressive Mach 5.1 - about 5 times the speed of sound. The aircraft...
hello dear, can any one please tell me that what is electron confinement and quantum confinement? i google it but not able to understand that in actual what it is?...