Input Resistance and Sensitivity...

While studying JFET I came across the statement...

"A device/circuit with input resistance much high is usually very sensitive"

its a general statement though but i don't understand well.
Can any one tell me any reason for that? ........

Replies

• reachrkata
    reachrkata
    I think what it indicates that even small currents flowing into the device can lead to considerable voltages at the inputs.

-Karthik
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    V=KIR...that means voltahge will take control on current flow depending upon resistance...not vice versa 😕
    reachrkata
    I think what it indicates that even small currents flowing into the device can lead to considerable voltages at the inputs.

-Karthik
  • reachrkata
    reachrkata
    just2rock
    V=KIR...that means voltahge will take control on current flow depending upon resistance...not vice versa 😕
    Hmm. Let me explain it this way then.
    Say you have a voltage source connected via a series resistance to this device. It is clear that the device's resistance and the series resistance form a potential divider. Now higher the device's resistance more is the voltage across it. In addition, if the device is voltage sensitive, it could get triggered due to this voltage.

Hope this clarifies !!
    - Karthik
    😒

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

As reported by the android guys here - No More Speculation - This is the G1 from T-Mobile | AndroidGuys , G1 from T-Mobile is going to be the first...
CEans, Mozilla Labs have announced the launch of Ubiquity From their page - Today we’re announcing the launch of Ubiquity, a Mozilla Labs experiment into connecting the Web with language...
CEans, Why not post all the recent openings in different industries? You may even refer CEans for openings in your organization and earn referral bonus! Where else would you find...
CEans, If you think Google is THE company you should be working for, head over to Browse India openings and find out if they have a position suitable for you....

hi

hi...........................😁