Input impedence in the open circuit transmission line

what is the reason for the input impedence in the open circuit transmission line to behave inductive or capacitive...?i came to know that depending upon value(+ve or -ve) of (Bl) in the expression [​IMG] it changes....is it so....please give me the explanations...
[​IMG]

Replies

• pratap singh, upendra
    pratap singh, upendra
    It's the value of 'l' that appears in the argument of tangent function.

When we move along the transmission line the value of 'l' keeps on increasing or decreasing (depending upon the reference taken) and so the value of tangent function may be positive or negative.

This periodic change in the sign of tangent function value is the sole reason for periodic capacitive and inductive nature of the transmission line, as one moves along the line.

Thank you.
  • Joy Gracia
    Joy Gracia
    proffy
    It's the value of 'l' that appears in the argument of tangent function.

When we move along the transmission line the value of 'l' keeps on increasing or decreasing (depending upon the reference taken) and so the value of tangent function may be positive or negative.

This periodic change in the sign of tangent function value is the sole reason for periodic capacitive and inductive nature of the transmission line, as one moves along the line.

Thank you.
    k..i think here length is an increasing one..then here what decides the periodic change...i'm not clear enough plz help..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

While Apple had everybody’s attention during its iPhone 6 and Apple Watch launch event, Qualcomm Technologies announced a slew of new processors that will bring 4G LTE connectivity equipped smartphones...
Let me introduce myself, im Cesar Balderas from Mexico, im a last year IT engineer student, I joined CE because I was looking for ideas to apply in my 2...
Many of us have experienced the irritating flash of light from an oncoming vehicle while steering along a highway during the late hours. At that time, we just toddle along...
The Flipkart Flash Sale model and thousands of buyers waiting to buy the Xiaomi Redmi 1S smartphone has created a lot of buzz about the new smartphone from the Chinese...
Any body on Software Testing....