Innovative Mechanical Engineering Project Ideas Listed By Engineer

I am kind of an inventor and always come up with problems that need answers. Let me think.....

Variable speed transmission (line Nuvici bike hub)
This would be very important when trying to make a good electric vehical.

One way Clutch
There are sprag and clicker type couplings. Sprag is hard to manufacture and the clicker style (bicycle hub type) are noisy and wear out. Come up with a new way and you are a millionaire

High speed cutting of thin wall tube without making burr on the end. (low cost)

Heat recovery system for internal combustion engine. (steam or likewise)

Effecient pnumatic motor design (compressed air energy recovery system)

Automated gray water recovery system

Flywheel energy storage device

Automated MIG weld torch cleaner (all on the market are crap, million dollar idea)

Temporary house stairs that can be folded up and meet safety standards (used when building houses)

Cable recoil system that does not use a spring, recoil is on a rotating shaft. (like used on a rowing machine)

Windmill blade automatic blade pitch system (low or no electricity).

Automatic automotive block heater connection (just drive up to house and plugs in automatically and cycles on only when cold out)

Shaft speed differential (different design but same idea as automotive axel differential)

IC engine valve lift control mechanism (valve lift controlled engine instead of throttle plate) (Mercedes has a model) (investigate "jake brake" in diesel engines)

I will think of more...............................

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @ Flash : Great ideas ๐Ÿ˜€ I'm moving your post to a new thread ๐Ÿ˜€ I am sure lot of students will find the ideas useful!
  • palanikumar
    palanikumar
    hi frnd which is very useful to do mini project i need help to do papaer presentation
  • gohm
    gohm
    You could develop a mini project on any, pick one that interests you!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I found an interesting puzzle on the following website. Check it out - Genius Numb3rs - CBS.com ๐Ÿ˜
Go to the following location at your risk. The challenges in the following PDF will spin your brain and skull in opposite directions. You've been warned: https://www.darpa.mil/dso/personnel/23_math_chall_b_mann.pdf
Hello All, For many of us, English is not mother tongue. It's just another subject taught in School and you need to clear it , in order to stand in...
Kindly let me know, if you have any idea about Broach storage rack?
I INSTALLED BIOHAZARD 4 IT INSTALLED SUCCESSFULLY. . . BUT WHEN I CLICK ON DESKTOP SHORTCUT FOR PLAYING IT SHOWS ERROR MESSAGE. . .๐Ÿ˜’ game.exe - Unable To Locate Component...