CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Kaustubh Katdare • 11 Feb, 2014 • 4 likes
Mehcanical engineering is awesome and these new innovative door designs prove it. I really liked the new approach the designers have given to the way doors open and close. Here's a quick look -

ku-xlarge

The designs come from Austria by Klemens Troggler. Check out more of the designs -

and

and

and

I think mechanical engineering folks should take it as a challenge and do some more innovation. Anyone wants to design space saving doors for refrigerators? They tend to consume a lot more space in smaller rooms.
@zaveri • 11 Feb, 2014 • 2 likes This is all an advanced version of the four-bar mechanisms.

hats off to Troggler. The "evolution" type was awesome.

as for refrigerator doors, can anything be done about them, now that they also play the secondary function of holding bottles ?
@micheal john • 11 Feb, 2014 awesome design 👍
@Mrinmoy Swarnakar • 11 Feb, 2014 The designing is awesome. And the best one is Evolution Door.
And for the refrigerator doors I totally agree with Zaveri.

zaveri I would like to know if the doors are going to be strong
@alina nishat • 11 Feb, 2014 great 😀
@zaveri • 11 Feb, 2014
Mrinmoy Swarnakar
zaveri I would like to know if the doors are going to be strong
It all depends on the material used. the materials used for the hinges, the coupler bars and the door itself have to be strong as well as light weight at the same time.
@Ankita Katdare • 11 Feb, 2014 😒 Super amazing! Perfect for your underground store-room!

😭 wants one right now.
@Mrinmoy Swarnakar • 12 Feb, 2014 Then I would love to have one at my place.👍
@zaveri • 12 Feb, 2014 Will this ever be marketed in India. ?
@Shah Sharath • 18 Feb, 2014 awsome
what is application with this door?
@zaveri • 18 Feb, 2014
Shah Sharath
awsome
what is application with this door?
It is to be used as a door.
3.5k views

Related Posts

@Kaustubh Katdare · Oct 29, 2014

Truecaller, an app that tells you all the important information about the caller, has released a new app called Truedialer. The new app does the similar job and provides you...
6.2k views

@Jaisshri · Feb 3, 2013

i m doing my project in atmega16. i need to tell the advantage of atmega16 over pic. pls help me. there is one major advantage of atmega16. pls give me...
5.8k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Jul 25, 2014

I just upgraded to OSX Yosemite and thought of switching over to the default Apple Mail application from Sparrow, the mail app that I absolutely love. After configuring my Gmail...
8k views

@deepika mishra · Sep 13, 2010

What is the difference between Multi-programming and Multi-tasking? Please illustrate with an example.
11.4k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Sep 16, 2015

Curious to know if there are any advantages of putting the vehicle on centre stand over the side stand? If there are no advantages, why don't the two wheeler makers...
4.2k views