Innovative Door Designs (Beautiful Mechanical Engineering)

Mehcanical engineering is awesome and these new innovative door designs prove it. I really liked the new approach the designers have given to the way doors open and close. Here's a quick look -

ku-xlarge

The designs come from Austria by Klemens Troggler. Check out more of the designs -

and

and

and

I think mechanical engineering folks should take it as a challenge and do some more innovation. Anyone wants to design space saving doors for refrigerators? They tend to consume a lot more space in smaller rooms.

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    This is all an advanced version of the four-bar mechanisms.

hats off to Troggler. The "evolution" type was awesome.

as for refrigerator doors, can anything be done about them, now that they also play the secondary function of holding bottles ?
  • micheal john
    micheal john
    awesome design ๐Ÿ‘
  • Mrinmoy Swarnakar
    Mrinmoy Swarnakar
    The designing is awesome. And the best one is Evolution Door.
    And for the refrigerator doors I totally agree with Zaveri.

#-Link-Snipped-# I would like to know if the doors are going to be strong
  • alina nishat
    alina nishat
    great ๐Ÿ˜€
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Mrinmoy Swarnakar
    #-Link-Snipped-# I would like to know if the doors are going to be strong
    It all depends on the material used. the materials used for the hinges, the coupler bars and the door itself have to be strong as well as light weight at the same time.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    ๐Ÿ˜’ Super amazing! Perfect for your underground store-room!

๐Ÿ˜ญ wants one right now.
  • Mrinmoy Swarnakar
    Mrinmoy Swarnakar
    Then I would love to have one at my place.๐Ÿ‘
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Will this ever be marketed in India. ?
  • Shah Sharath
    Shah Sharath
    awsome
    what is application with this door?
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Shah Sharath
    awsome
    what is application with this door?
    It is to be used as a door.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want to prepare for SAIL Management Trainee (Technical) Exam which is to be held on 23rd March , 2014 Plz suggest me some good study materials and tips for...
A highly sophisticated cyber-espionage has been uncovered after seven years by Kaspersky Labs. The operation named "The Mask" infected 380+ high-profile targets across 31 countries. Kaspersky researchers said that the...
Indian politics is witnessing a lot of interesting times since last ~3 years. The nation that many people believe will become a superpower in the next few years is now...
need a current amplifier circuit with current source as input of low ac current ...... anyone give The ckt plsss
Lenovo has launched its new smartphone Vibe Z in India with much aplomb at a price tag of Rs. 35,999. It was first launched in China back in November 2013...