Initial Condition (i0+) in Circuits & Networks.

In Circuits and Networks subject; we are asked to find current at initial stage a.k.a initial condition. Even in finding current equation using Laplace ; initial condition is used.
In every part of CN ; this condition is widely used.

So, a question arises that why initial condition is used? I know it helps to find the current or voltage across inductor and capacitor respectively at time t=0+ .

But how this initial condition is practically helpful.

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    ok, may be someone else can give better example0 but as I see, initial considtion implies that when we are doing a specific activity the current state of the activity is independent of previous state.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    No no naw durga ... it aint like that.
    I will elaborate a lil bit here ;
    When initial conditions comes in picture with implementation of Electronics circuits; there is somewhat different concept. Here,the before time t=0 i.e t=0- time ; the state at which the capacitor or inductor it is, its most important.
    It might be possible that before time t=0 there might be some voltage obtained across conductor and/or some current available in coil of inductor.

If in previous condition there is current prevailing in inductor then at initial condition the same amount of current will be obtain, making an inductor act as current source at t=0+ initial condition and with same condition capacitor acts as open circuit.

This is very complex and difficult to explain in forum ๐Ÿ˜”

Cut to the chase : The initial condition do depends on previous condition.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    oops ๐Ÿ˜
    the old lady forgets stuff read 7/8 yrs ago
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Nevermind.
    I understand ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    the initial condition in any dynamic devices arises cos of the charge or field stored in the cap or an inductor

when a circuit is closed even with out any excitaion these have the capacity to discharge there by we have i0 and stuff like that

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want to buy a laptop and I'm not sure which one is best for me ๐Ÿ˜” My usage: Surfing, reading ebooks, video chatting, watching HD movies (sometimes on sunday)....
Rover was sent to the red planet in search of "life" and "the role of water" and for many other beneficiary tasks. But now the scientists are thinking otherwise. They...
While surfing web ,almost every one of us stumble upon some link and articles and want to save it for later reference or want to have some dairy kind of...
Name: Ashish Ahuja *Engineering Trade: Computer Science Location: Lucknow *Occupation: (Student|Working|Self-Employed|Unemployed; details please!) I am a student pursuing my Bachelor of technology from Babu Banarasi Das Institute of Technology and...
With iPhone 5 yesterday a new lightning connector was launched. But, if you have some devices with a 30-pin connector already, you will definitely think that this new connector is...