Infosys To Invest In Startup Incubators

Infosys is looking to invest about 2% of its profits in startup incubators - a move that might add more value & boost to the fledgeling startup ecosystem. Infy's Kris Gopalakrishnan recently said that most companies invest 2% of their profits in CSR aka Corporate Social Responsibility. Infosys might just be looking at investing the amount in startup incubators all over India. Infosys currently does not do that, but that could be one of the important areas the company might look at. Infy's profits in the quarter that ended in December 2012 were $434 million.

Infosys

So why is Infosys doing that? The budget recently presented allows the companies to invest in incubators as a part of their social corporate responsibility. Apart from investing, the company will also do mentoring and also give the internal leader to interact with the startups.

If more companies follow the Infosys path, I believe the startup community can benefit a lot - not only from the money alone but with exposure to management & leadership as well. What do you think, folks?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Not that I'm very impressed by what Google's done with the Chromebook, I'm curious to know when is the machine launching in India? The price is definitely going to be...
hi any of you know the placement paper pattern of ntt data company
Karbonn has launched Titanium S5 in India for a price of Rs. 11990. Those who've been keeping abreast with the phone launches in India will recall that this phone is...
1)execute every statement of a program atleast once 2)execute every branch statement of a program atleast once 3)execute every path of a program atleast once 4)execute every condition of branch...
hi i am currently working on vb.net and PLM domain, in a support project. i wanted to work on c++, but unfortunately this is what i got in campus placement....