Infosys Salary Hike & Promotions

With the prospering job markets and thickening outsourcing pipeline, Indian IT major Infosys is now trying to woo employees by offering promotions and salary hikes 😀

Source Yahoo News: #-Link-Snipped-#

The software major is going out of way to woo employees while setting the pace for pay hikes and promotions. So much so that S. Gopalkrishnan CEO and managing director of Infosys shot off a mail to Infoscions last week seeking to assuage hurt sentiments, obliquely admitting that the management was willing to address some of the critical issues that employees are not happy about. "I understand that you would like me to look at some of the concerns you have raised seriously and resolve them," said Gopalkrishnan in his letter. He added that the organisation believes that employees are key and the force behind every success. "We have formed a task force to look into and champion employee engagement in every unit," he said.

and

Infosys's policy mandates its employees to be physically present for a little more than nine hours a day in the campus. It also has a new iRACE policy that requires an employee to spend a minimum number of years before consideration for promotion. The company has also introduced new certification exams linked to promotions and salary increases. An employee is expected to clear two such exams in a year. Company insiders and ex-Infoscions are hardly surprised by the latest letter from Gopalakrishnan. "Resentment has been brewing for over a year against certain HR initiatives of the company. With the recession waning away and more employment opportunities coming up people are opting out," said Devesh (name changed) a software engineer at Infosys.

The management, however, sought to downplay the issues, stating the company has been continuously changing its HR policies to keep the troops happy and motivated. "We have a robust feedback mechanism in the company and policies are not static. Based on feedback and context, we have been modifying and tweaking policies for best results," a company spokesperson said.

Replies

• Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Good news to IT people.

Cheer up guys!!!
  • pkantham
    pkantham
    so what do u think about the present salary structure at Infy?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Is there any diesel engine which can operate more steadily than a petrol engine for same power specification?? 😎
I have to update a website but i am unable to connect to Mysql server when i try to connect it gives me exception like this Could not connect: Can't...
help me out... i want to implement simple type of mail server in java in a intranet.. i am new to Java so could you please guide me how to...
can any one help me i need " vampire 3.0 fullz "
player for playing the .mtv format