Infosys New Test Pattern 2014

As communicated by infy to the placement cell of our college----

Test-Section I/Arithmetic Reasoning and Analytical Thinking
25 minutes 15 questions
Test-Section II/ Mathematical critical thinking and Logical reasoning
35 minutes 10 questions
Test Section III/Test of communicative English
35 minutes 40 questions

What type of ques are included in analytical thinking and mathematical critical thinking?

Anyone over here whose college has been visited by infosys recently? How was the test?

Replies

• Dhananjay Harkare
    Dhananjay Harkare
    Hi #-Link-Snipped-#, Infosys would test all aspects of your aptitude.
    Arithemetic and analytic reasoning:
    This would basically include questions from data interpretation and data sufficiency. A chart/bar graph/pie graph would be provided followed by few questions. Data sufficiency would mean justifying a statement from two/three sentences related to it. Here, you need to judge which sentence(s) are actually sufficient to prove the given statement.

Mathematical, logical reasoning:
    This includes general quantitative aptitude like simultaneous equations, probability, p and c, speed-time-distance, problems on trains, age, ratio and proportion etc.

Verbal aptitude:
    This section would test your overall English. A paragraph may be given followed by questions, sentence completion/correction, finding synonyms/antonyms, testing grammar skills etc.
    Hope this answers your query. Good luck!
  • harmanveer kaur
    harmanveer kaur
    i have a doubt regarding section-ii (mathematical critical thinking ).
    They are giving 35 min for 10 questions only. That much time is not given for simple quant questions.
  • Dhananjay Harkare
    Dhananjay Harkare
    Harmanveer
    i have a doubt regarding section-ii (mathematical critical thinking ).
    They are giving 35 min for 10 questions only. That much time is not given for simple quant questions.
    Frankly, I don't have idea about number questions and provided time.
    Like you said, 35min for 10 questions is too much. What I can simply guess is that these questions might be tricky as 1min per question is enough. You need to be good with calculations, applying concepts and logic.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# Could anyone discuss what kinds of questions were asked under various sections in New test pattern by Infosys? It would be really helpful for other test takers.
  • Aathe Veera
    Aathe Veera
    Actually the new Infy pattern is like,
    1.Logical Reasoning-15 questions-35 mins (5 DI questions, 5 Syllogisms, 5 data sufficiency)
    2.Quantitative Aptitude-10 questions-25 mins (5 puzzle kind of questions, 1cryptography, Time and Distance, Boats, Ages,probability etc.,)
    3.Communicative English test(40 questions-35 mins)
    I've recently (Nov 22) took the online test..!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Thanks! That would be of much help.
    How was the difficulty level? Which section did you find the simplest and which one was the toughest?
  • Aathe Veera
    Aathe Veera
    Pleasure's mine and the difficulty level for me ( πŸ˜› ) is like,
    Logical - The DI question really confused me as it consisted of a table with birth and death rate of male and female population for a series of 4 years.The table really confused me as it had improper values I.e with improper values.,we've to work through out the table very carefully.! Syllogism and DA were not that tough. So,be prepared for the Logical round.
    2 The quants was such easy. No need to worry.But have to solve the puzzle question with atmost carefulness.Otherwise it'll be a nightmare.
    3.Verbal was easy as the Reading comprehension constitutes 15 marks and the questions were also very much straight forwarded. Just work on Synonyms and Antonyms part πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€
    That's it πŸ˜€
  • Mughais Ahmed
    Mughais Ahmed
    Were there any Negative marking when you took up the test latest?
    Also can you please let me know which section to spend more time on or which section consumes more time generally. I ain't so good with Numericals when compared to the communication phase. So please advise. #-Link-Snipped-#
  • James Dev J
    James Dev J
    Aathe Veera
    Pleasure's mine and the difficulty level for me ( πŸ˜› ) is like,
    Logical - The DI question really confused me as it consisted of a table with birth and death rate of male and female population for a series of 4 years.The table really confused me as it had improper values I.e with improper values.,we've to work through out the table very carefully.! Syllogism and DA were not that tough. So,be prepared for the Logical round.
    2 The quants was such easy. No need to worry.But have to solve the puzzle question with atmost carefulness.Otherwise it'll be a nightmare.
    3.Verbal was easy as the Reading comprehension constitutes 15 marks and the questions were also very much straight forwarded. Just work on Synonyms and Antonyms part πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€
    That's it πŸ˜€
    Is there any Negative marks? / What about sectional cutoff? & sectional time limit? Can we switch between the sections?
  • shaik raisha
    shaik raisha
    how should i prepare for synonyms and antonyms..?
    and how to prepare for other sections..can anyone please give any advice

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

MSI GS60 Ghost Pro series of gaming laptops are now here to satiate the needs of Indian gamers. Three models are currently in the offering for Rs 116235 and higher....
Guys i want to work on some new idea in automotive industry.due you have any idea then suggest me
Apple has finally unveiled the much awaited, much hyped and much rumoured smartphone - the iPhone 6 in a special β€œWish We Would Tell More” conference at Cupertino, California. Tim...
Hey!.Hello there I m vipul from Gujarat. i m cureently studying in my final year(7th sem) in Electronics and Communication Eng.
hello guys, I wanted to design a water propeller of diameter 3.5 to 5". I have to design it since I didn't find a propeller for the above size in...