Infosys IT Inc's biggest paymaster in 2009

Unveiling plans to hire 30,000 persons this fiscal, IT bellwether Infosys today said it has paid $134 million (nearly Rs 600 crore) in salaries in 2009-10 -- the highest amount in the IT industry's history in India in a year.

Infosys HR head T V Mohandas Pai said the company has already made 19,000 campus offers for fiscal 2011.

Talking to reporters, he also said Infosys envisages recruiting 1,000 personnel each for its China and US offices and around 400 in Manila, he said. The company plans to induct 5,500-6,500 laterals, he added.

"There has been a large wage increase for middle and junior level employees. At the senior level, there has been a 10 per cent increase in wages. Overall, the average wage hike has been around 14-17 per cent," he said.

Nearly 7,500 persons were promoted by Infosys during the past year, out of whom 2,500 had been impacted by the company's new employee restructuring programme, called I-Race.

As per the restructuring programme, which aimed at fitting employees into roles they were prepared for, nearly 4,500 employees had been fitted in a role lower than what they were earlier fitted into. 0ut of these 4,500 personnel, 2,500 have now been promoted and the remaining 2,000 might be promoted in October.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    30,000 engineers! Mass employment surely worries me.
  • kunaljd
    kunaljd
    The_Big_K
    30,000 engineers! Mass employment surely worries me.
    its good for the people who are seeking jobs.why it worries you?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    kunaljd
    its good for the people who are seeking jobs.why it worries you?
    Not everyone will be assigned a job. Most of them will go into what's called the 'talent pool'. They'll be "On Bench" until they get assigned to projects. Although its good for company to show so many recruitments; its certainly not good for those who'll be on bench.

Also, when things go wrong financially (during recession), these are the people who suffer the most.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    I hope next incident like satyam will not occur again

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Ex-IIT Mumbai engineer, Subodhit Bose (Working with NCL) has murdered his 24 year old sister, Priyadarshini in Pune. May not be something we'd normally discuss on CE; but it makes...
If you find any useful link that can provide a great deal of information then post it here 1 Please provide a brief description of the link as it will...
A&E community is using economic slowdown to invest, learn and consolidate * London, UK, 14 April 2010: Deltek Inc (Nasdaq: PROJ), the leading provider of enterprise applications software and solutions...
Winners to be announced May 11 FRANKFURT — 14 April 2010 — Dimension 3D Printing, a brand of Stratasys Inc. (NASDAQ: SSYS), today announced the nine finalists in its sixth...
Hey friends I've to choose two elective subjects in my bachelors at present for the next semester so I just wanted just wanted to know if 1> Enterprise Resource Planning...