1. Home >
  2. Apps >
  3. Groups >

Infosys CEO Kris GopalaKrishnan Warns About Another Global Recession

Question asked by Kaustubh Katdare in #Startups & Business on Dec 14, 2010
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare · Dec 14, 2010
CEO @ CrazyEngineers, TEDx Speaker, Guitarist
Infosys CEO, Mr. K. Gopalakrishnan has warned that there might be another 2008 like recession. In 2008, collapse of a bank kickstarted domino effect and got many other dependent businesses fail over a short period of time.

This time, it could start somewhere in Europe. But it won't be a business but a nation that could fail and may lead to a similar domino effect. On the UK government's decision to fix a cap on the number of visas issued to skilled workers from India and other countries from April, he sounded non-critical, pointing to the high unemployment rate in that country, and said he was not surprised by the move.

Do you agree with Mr. Gopalakrishnan? Share your opinion. Posted in: #Startups & Business
Anil Jain
Anil Jain · Dec 15, 2010
Member of CrazyEngineers
I do agree.

Infact now a days it looks like that US government is also following an unsaid Capping on the issue of VISAs from India and CHina. If we see the number of VISA request canceled this year, thr graph goes up like anything.

So as per me decision of US / UK government to apply capping on VISAs may backfire on them as well.

-CB
Manish Goyal
Manish Goyal · Dec 15, 2010
Member of CrazyEngineers
he sounded non-critical, pointing to the high unemployment rate in that country,
I didn't understand how it can lead to unemployment in that country???

You must log-in or sign-up to reply to this post.

Click to Log-In or Sign-Up