Informing the Newbies

As we all know there are many new additions to the CE community everyday

There are many newbies that explore the forum everyday who have got themselves registered

but they don't know that they have to introduce themselves in the introduction section

I request all the old members of CE to please pm the newbies when you see them online requesting them to introduce themselves

This will make them aware of the starting point for the forum

I personally have told some newbies who have already introduced themselves recently

I invite more members to chip in!!

How many of you agree?

Replies

• Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    ya i agree with you!!!
    I also Do the same 😎
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'd rather say leave message on their profiles.
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    @Biggie: ya it can be used but there is a problem as it doesn't generate a popup on their screen so it has chances of getting ignored..

It will be known only when they visit their profile page
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    But Sarvesh, PM unnecessarily eats the space!!

So its better to leave a profile message.

By default settings I guess we cant send PM to everybody not sure though!!
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    But after sending the pm you can always delete it from your sent items

Won't that make it?
  • kumar_nitin
    kumar_nitin
    nice Idea sarvesh, I'll surely do that..
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    sarveshgupta
    But after sending the pm you can always delete it from your sent items

Won't that make it?
    Thats correct!!

But how the receiver will do that?

Moreover , If you send a PM to a newbie , I can also send.
    I mean I dont know whether you sent or not.

In the case of visitor's message we dont have that problem as we can see what others have entered for him.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    With a visitor message, one gets a notification which is very much noticeable 😉 . A private message also generates an email. Of course both approach are Ok.

I'm planning something new. That is, custom notifications at the top. Which means, once a member is registered and logged in for the first time, he/she will be informed at the top to introduce in our Introductions section.

Once first post is made, the notice will be replaced by another notification about usage of PM/profile messages etc.

Also any member who has not yet verified his/her account will be asked to activate/verify account.
  • safwan
    safwan
    The_Big_K
    With a visitor message, one gets a notification which is very much noticeable 😉 . A private message also generates an email. Of course both approach are Ok.

I'm planning something new. That is, custom notifications at the top. Which means, once a member is registered and logged in for the first time, he/she will be informed at the top to introduce in our Introductions section.

Once first post is made, the notice will be replaced by another notification about usage of PM/profile messages etc.

Also any member who has not yet verified his/her account will be asked to activate/verify account.
    yup! tahts what i was thinking Until I reached your post !!
    I agree with biggie and sarveshgupta nice idea!
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    Thanks Safwan

And it is nice Biggie if it can be done

I had thought about it also but didn't know whether it would be possible or not that's why took the pm way.. thanks for the support

Till it happens we can do it the pm way

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi😀 I'm a 4th year student of B.E. Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering, I'm looking to take up some classes,the problem is I don't know what. could somebody give me suggestions...
Folks, what do you think about this tire design:
If your are interested in Logo Quiz, visit my quiz blog
SMSONE is a good example to understand that innovation does not need lot of money, education and 'experience'. TechCrunch recently published about SMSONE. Following is the excerpt from the article...
Quick Heal CEan of the month November 2009 is... 😁CEan - mahesh_dahale😁 ​ CEan mahesh_dahale joined CE in September 2009 and has been an exceptional contributor to CE. Mahesh has...