Information about Scilab Software

can anyone tell me about scilab software.i heard that it is like matlab or its extended version.please give me details.
thank you

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Scilab, is an opensource(Thus,Free) alternative to Matlab.It is as powerful as Matlab,as it is Opensource a user can create his/her own function & libraries too.

Inshort,It is alternative to Matlab but Free (with Freedom to modify it,if you want to by adding your self-made functions & libraries).
    A great tool!
  • Sindhu Chowdary
    Sindhu Chowdary
    can you explain me about matlab and simulation..i got confused between these two.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Matlab includes Simulink which allows you to pick and place some of the most common blocks and simulate them as blocks

Other is the Programmer (Dono its name) It allows you to write program for the simulation you wish to do

Simulation is any thing which allows us to predict the op of the system without actually using hardware components

PS: Some tutorials can help you a lot Here are a couple of them
    #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#
    Check it out simple as hell
    [​IMG]
  • Sindhu Chowdary
    Sindhu Chowdary
    in the pdf file they are saying that the resulting matrices must be rectangular..but i always the matrices are square matrices..
    can you clarify this?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Square is a rectangle with equal rows and columns that is there

But I will clarify it for you sure about it
  • Sindhu Chowdary
    Sindhu Chowdary
    ya i know that square is also a rectangle....my doubt is then there is no reason to specially mention about the type of the matrices..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

One of my ex-colleagues informed to me that he received an email from interview.call [at] wiprolimited.biz. The email looked like it's originated from WIPRO (notice the domain Wiprolimited.biz) and anyone...
Cayan Towers, the world's tallest, unique building that twists 90 degrees from the ground to the top floor has been inaugurated in Dubai. Cayan investment and development has inaugurated the...
Piaggio, the Italian scooter manufacturer, has showcased its new two-wheeler with Vespa VX in Pune. A variant of the original Vespa, VX has got a lot of new features to...
We say that the potential of earth is considered zero? Why is it that potential at all points on earth is zero? Earth has resistance and there is fault current...
I have tried Ubuntu and other variants in virtual machine, but now I am thinking to move to linux now. I have downloaded linux 13.04 64bit and trying to install...