Information about ORACLE DBA

Hello Kaustubh sir, this is my third attempt to have your guidance regarding my career in IT...I wish this time you will definitely reply...
Sir I am an electronics engineering student pass out in august 2015 and now want to pursue my career as oracle dba. Will you please tell me that do companies hire a fresher candidate as DBA? Is it worth to select Oracle dba as career? And what do you say about oracle developer as career? Please do reply.. I really need your help... Thank you.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - I'm not sure if I really missed your questions. But I do not reply through email or private conversation.

Could you share what exactly makes you pursue your career as a DBA?

Dijen Biswas
    Will you please tell me that do companies hire a fresher candidate as DBA? Is it worth to select Oracle dba as career? And what do you say about oracle developer as career?
    Your first question is very generic. Do companies hire candidate as a DBA? - the answer is 'Yes'. I'm sure there are companies out there that need Oracle DBAs with all the basic knowledge. But you can perform a search online and find out if there are any 'BIG' companies that offer fresh graduates directly as DBAs.

I'm not very sure what you mean by 'Oracle Developer'. If you are referring to jobs that involve the Oracle Developer software; then you will have to search online for the jobs. I'm sure the DBAs would be paid handsomely based upon their experience and skill level.

However, be aware that if you are starting your career, it's always wiser NOT to pick up any specific technology; if you are not already exceptional in it. It may limit your choice of jobs and opportunity as well. If you are looking for job; better to prepare for aptitude tests, technical and HR rounds of interview and get an entry into the IT field. Once that is done; you can look for switching domains.
  • Dijen Biswas
    Dijen Biswas
    Actually sir my first choice was to become a software developer and I know it will be not hard for me to learn JAVA... but after lot of research I found that though development is an exciting field but there is a huge competition for Java jobs now a days... so I decided to go for DBA.. Of course I am interested in it... I just want more information about ORACLE DBA, whether companies hire fresher candidates as DBA and will it be a correct decision for me to go for ORACLE DBA.. Plz elaborate sir...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Dijen Biswas
    I found that though development is an exciting field but there is a huge competition for Java jobs now a days
    Not for those who are better coders. Show me any domain and I will tell you how fierce the competition is. There's competition in Java because Java does create a lot more jobs. Your best bet would be to make yourself awesome in Java, get certified and apply for jobs over randomly picking career tracks without knowing about them.
    Dijen Biswas
    so I decided to go for DBA.. Of course I am interested in it... I just want more information about ORACLE DBA,
    I'm not sure what's the real reason behind your interest in DBA. It's a good field to be in; but I'd assume that you've all the information about DBA career that you've developed interest in it. You haven't told us what information you need and what information you already have. Your quick start could be head over to a popular job portal and look for DBA jobs.

You should make your career decision based upon your core interests; which are hard to determine if you've never paid attention before. You mentioned that it will not be hard for you to learn Java. So why not start learning it anyway? I can tell you that it will be damn easy for you to find your first job if -

1. You demonstrate above average skills in Java Programming and back it up with industry leading certificate in Java programming.

2. Build a portfolio of small projects that you've built yourself and can share with your recruiters. No one does that - and if you do; you'll immediately improve your chances of getting hired.

If you know 'development' is your core interest - go for it. It often helps to know which direction you're heading before taking the steps.
  • Dijen Biswas
    Dijen Biswas
    Thanks for your reply sir... I've gone through some job portals and saw that there are very less openings for freshers for DBA jobs...
    My concern to choose development field is that, I'm really in a need of job in next few months... So I want to do any short term IT course so that I can get job...I'm afraid that would I sustain in competition for development jobs...
    Few days ago my friend suggested me to do CCNA course... I'm in big confusion now... On 3rd of June I'm leaving for Pune to meet my friends and have their opinions... Based on that I'll choose any of the course... before I that I would like to know your opinion about the course, it will be really helpful for me to take my final decision...awaiting for your reply...
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    No harm in doing CCNA. It's a useful course to take to have a good understanding of Networking concepts and opens up more career opportunities.

If fact, you can combine your interest in programming with networking. Having both expertise in software development & networking is plus point in today's IT environments.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The magical Graphene has made it to the front page again. UK based Indian scientist Dr Aravind Vijayaraghavan and Dr Maria Iliut have recently released a report which says that...
what are the different stages in the construction of a building or a structure?
LG’S G5 is now available in India at a price of INR 52990. It is launched today, on Flipkart’s Exclusive for a pre-book sale and is coming with a CAM...
Event Name: WAVICLE 2016 Organised by: Techno India SPIE Student Chapter In Kolkata, West Bengal Event Dates - Jul 26, 2016 at 10:00 AM to Jul 27, 2016 at 6:00...
We have used sunlight or solar energy to create electricity, to heat water, for cooking, growing plants, drying cloths and getting a nice tan at the beach. Now researchers at...