Indonesia Earthquake | 8.7 Scale | Tsunami Warning In India

A massive Earthquake of magnitude 8.7 has struck Indonesia. The Earthquake is so massive that Tsunami warning has been issued all over the Indian ocean. The tremors were felt in South India and hundreds of employees in Bangalore offices have evacuated their offices (needs confirmation). This is a developing news and I request CEans to post updates in this thread.

We hope all people in Indonesia are safe.

Replies

• Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Pacific Tsunami Warning Center issues estimated time for Tsunami: Tsunami likely to hit Little Andaman at 15:46 IST, Port Blair at 16:02 IST, North Andaman at 16:22 IST, Chennai at 16:57 IST, Kakinada at 17:35 IST, Trivandrum at 17:38 IST, Mangalore at 19:06 IST, Bombay at 21:38 IST, Gulf of Kutch 22:04 IST.

Didn't feel any tremors here in Mumbai.

CEans from other cities please confirm.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Chennai HCL office is also evacuated.. and coastal area too being evacuated by police.
    There is also alert of Tsunami from Indian official.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Even Chennai people had the feeling. I was at home, feeling the Earth Quake twice... 😲
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    No earthquake in Nagpur. πŸ˜‰
    Situation under control. πŸ‘
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    I was in college. I dint feel any earth quake. but the college announced holiday 😨
  • manishks
    manishks
    (banglore)Even i was in college. I didnt feel anything πŸ˜€
  • ~on*kiyu
    ~on*kiyu
    i was also in college. i also dont feel any irregularity outside.
    but the rain was heavy during the evening. our classmates said that the world will last tomarrow and we found a lot of humor in the tsunami.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    ~on*kiyu
    i was also in college. i also dont feel any irregularity outside.
    but the rain was heavy during the evening. our classmates said that the world will last tomarrow and we found a lot of humor in the tsunami.
    Rain?!? πŸ˜›

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

can some one please help me where i can find or tell me how to draw the TS diagrams for reversible processes like isobaric,isochoric,isentropic,isotherma,polytropic processes etc..or otherwise how to draw...
James Cameron is just back from the record breaking dive in the Mariana Trench, ~ 7 miles below the sea-level but he's ready for his next big thing and it's...
Apple's Siri may have trouble deciphering your Indian accent but it's now able to speak Hindi and we've a video to prove it.
I am glad to introduce myself , am MD Irfan From Hyderabad My aim is to be a Successful Software Engineer in one of the MNCs, this zeal in me...
OLD STORY v/s INDIAN VERSION ​I found this somewhere on net.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​ ​An Old Story:​ ​The Ant wrks hard in d withering heat all summer building its house and laying up...