Indium Gallium Arsenide Transistor

hello everyone. i hope most of you came to know about the new kind of transistor made of indium gallium arsenide which was made by mit. could anyone figure out any such compound materials with same properties ? and could you reasons for such compound to have those properties more than silicon which is being used currently in all transistors ?

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Nice topic buddy 😀
    I don't know how it works & which property is reason of this new composed transistor, but it seems like Indium Galium Arsenide Transistor will save Moore's law, it is HBT & it is of 22nm in size with very good logic performance. Indium GaAs Transistor has ability to conduct 5 times better than Si transistors at nm scale.Scientists are trying to fabricate these transistors upto 10nm but the core element used in it (Indium Galium Arsenide) is 10-12 times costly than Si transistors, this certainly will rise the price of the electronic components.

Check this link : #-Link-Snipped-#

This topic should be featured in VoiCE with more detail 😀

Edit : Already covered in VoiCE.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    You won't get much information though, sadly.
  • ashwin sarangula
    ashwin sarangula
    you are gladly welcome for your link . i think those people could find another way to make the transistor available in market for an affordable price as soon as possible. and i wish those type of things are also manufactured in india too.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Indian systems are as for as I know are about 5 to 10 years late compared to universal ratings in the west. This is very much common in the field of semi conductor based tech.

This is one field which has very high input capital on shaky grounds. Cos of this liability many are not venturing into this field at all

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

As we know that we use Carbon Dating system to find out age of old/ancient thing.But I don't know what is its accuracy because I read some disputes regarding carbon...
Looks like India's stepping up its game for the electronics manufacturers and importers. Starting April 2013, all the electronic gadgets and devices will have to comply with the BIS standards...
Samsung's launched a vague trailer promising 'something new' at the CES 2013. The official dates for the event are January 8-11. It's impossible to make any guesses by looking at...
i've a project to do in OS. the readers writers problem using semaphores and monitors. if anyone has the code in c then please upload....
You might have stumbled upon the news that TED administration has cancelled the TEDx Chennai license. The event was found to be violating several TEDx conference rules including number of...