India's Supercomputer Will Be World's Fastest [61x] By 2017

So, the latest news in Indian computing is that the nation is building its own super computer which will be 61 times faster than the current record holder, IBM Sequoia. India's planning to build a super-rapid, exhascale computer that will beat the other supercomputers by a huge margin. C-DAC, the creator of first ever Indian super computer is in charge of this Rs. 4700 crore project. I covered the topic a bit in more detail on VoiCE: #-Link-Snipped-#

Do go through the article and comment here. It'd be interesting to hear CEans comment on this exciting development.

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    This would be a big leap - more so when INDIA is planning for space programs.
    Also, the technology that would be developed while making the computer -can be used in other areas . I really really hope - the blueprint is not borrowed and the components are not borrowed.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I can see a lot of negativity in the way Indian people are reacting through comments at VoiCE article. The Indian leadership is now begetting outrage and revolts at every little sneeze. It is justified but when you look at the bigger picture, at last the technological progress is what is being hampered. And this is a huge loss for us as a generation. 👎
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    the point is - every program has its allocation in budget. Even poverty and people welfare has budget allocated (and its huge), so I dont think there is any need to sped this money for that cause.
    Gov is already planning to spend that money by distributing mobile phone to people BPL.
    😕 so there is no reason why again this money needs to be diverted to buy more mobile phones

edited: dont want to atrract backlash

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can anyone shed some light on 'yield line analysis' and any book where i may get relevant material? This concept was used in a paper "Lundgren, K., (2002), Modelling the...
good morning friends . this is a student from department of Aeronautical Engineering. I would like to do a mini project work on MAV which can useful in many ways...
.. and that would be done with a humble 3D printer mounted in a satellite. Possibilties are huge , but is it really feasible/ doable?/ more here --> https://www.nbcnews.com/technology/f...ntent=Internal to...
Developers love Android. That is what people keep telling each other at common-man level. In the age of the war between the operating systems, the one between Android and iOS...
Completed Electronics & Communication Engineering graduation (B.E.) from AC College of Engineering & Technology, Karaikudi, Madurai University in the year 1973. Joined the Govt. of India service at MSME Development...