India's Silicon Valley - Is it Mumbai Or Hyderabad or Bangalore?

I read an article on Economic Times that says that Powai in Mumbai is the new startup-valley in India. Called the 'Powai Valley', Mumbai has become the new hot destination for engineers and other technology startups to find their space for starting up.
Now, 'Silicon Valley' - the name has so far signified Bangalore's status as a hub for information technology (IT) companies in India and is a comparative reference to the original Silicon Valley, based around Santa Clara Valley, California, a major hub for IT companies in the United States.

As you are aware of the start-up boom in India, consider the scene of the new startups in these cities and share your opinions on which city do you think is India's true Silicon Valley?

Replies

• Abhijit Dey
    Abhijit Dey
    Though I haven't been to Bangalore, but I can say that it is really emerging as the next Silicon Valley, with so many startups coming up and so many events being organized almost every weekend.

Mumbai is trailing behind and is catching up with startup events every month.

Talking about Nagpur, there hidden startups who only need a startup community to emerge into a big one.
  • Bashiruddin Naik
    Bashiruddin Naik
    Nothing can replace Bangalore..Especially Tech Startups..
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Looks like Mumbai will have to catch up fast to become the next Silicon Valley.

A question about Bangalore - Are engineering graduates and current IT employees keen on joining startup companies in Bangalore?
    Is it comparatively easy to find people to work in a startup if you are in Bangalore?
  • Abhijit Dey
    Abhijit Dey
    According to what I have heard and talked about to startup founders and entrepreneurs working in Bangalore is that most of the graduates want to have a good paying job and very few are keen on having a place where they could grow. But slowly the environment is changing since there are so many startups coming up now and people are realizing that in startups there is a better opportunity to develop your skill set.

But it is easy to find people there as long as the pay grade is nominal. Our team is from Hyderabad and they were really good and now have become experts in their fields.
  • moksh
    moksh
    oh and not even a mention of NCR , That's heartbreaking
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    moksh
    oh and not even a mention of NCR , That's heartbreaking
    What are some of the new startups to look forward to from Delhi-NCR? Please share some, so that we can include that in the discussion.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think the title goes to Bangalore. The city has been successful to a larger extent in establishing a startup ecosystem over other companies; especially in the IT/software domain. I don't live in Bangalore; so can't comment much.
  • gbit
    gbit
    Banglore is india's silicon valley, Pune will be next in Maharashtra.
  • Aditya Palod
    Aditya Palod
    Most of the startups based in Mumbai are consumer based or e-commerce whereas the bangalore is home for tech based startups.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'd like to see a day when the geography of the startup won't matter and the whole nation embraces entrepreneurial ecosystem. I hope that day isn't faraway.
  • Avisek Ghosh
    Avisek Ghosh
    I guess it is Bangalore. I don't have solid evidence but I saw alot of startups from Bangalore.
  • Shreyas Sule
    Shreyas Sule
    Bangalore remains as a top hub for start up ventures by sheer numbers. One can find few of them listed here: Startups in Bangalore • • Bangalore Startups List
    Also, found an interesting article: #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A lot of engineers at our Community are keen on sending suggestions to the editorial team on what they want to see written on CrazyEngineers VoiCE. Here is a dedicated...
"Believe only half of what you see and nothing that you hear" - Edgar Alan Poe Whenever you step out to buy a financial product, you are exposed to a...
As promised, Suzuki Motorcycle India Limited (SMIL) has launched the Suzuki Inazuma GW250 motorcycle in India today. We told you the news about the bike's arrival back in December and...
Does anyone know what is dress code for girls in CDAC-ACTS, Pune??
Please suggest a command line WebCrawler tool.