India's Not On Tim Cook's Mind - Good Or Bad?

Apple announced their Q3 earnings today and when Apple CEO was asked about Apple opening 'Apple Store' in India, Tim said that there are other countries that have more potential for Apple's business to grow. That clearly indicated that India isn't on Tim Cook's mind for immediate growth plans.

Currently Apple sells its products through retailers and does not have an 'owned' Apple Store in India.

What are your views on this?

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Still in current Indian business scenarios, consumers do not want to pay hefty amount ranging from $650 to $3000 for iPhone / mac book pro / air.

So I guess not opening the app store is wise decision from business perspective for Apple.. Not so good for Indian consumers that are big fans of Apple Products.. 😔

-CB

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Facebook has offices all over the world, but they don't engage in hard-core engineering. Facebook today announced that they've opened their first international office in London and currently has 22...
Facebook has just announced that they've opened their first international office in London and have 22 job openings available. Engineers looking to work in Facebook's new office in London may...
Twitter is likely to announce a new feature that will let you download your old tweets. The heavy twitter users, who've thousands of tweets may now be able to download...
hi my name is vipin kumar i m very crazy about my job which is engineering
I was going through the logs and found out that we're missing out on ~70 registrations per day because members did not enter correct email address during registration form. As...