India's GSLV D-3 fails

India's GSLV D-3 fails to lunch because of failure of two engines which are cryogenic engine. The technology of cryogenic engines are used in rocket propelling to put India into the world group who are successfully developed this technology which is in possession of certain countries that America, Russia, China.

Does anyone has more detailed information of this technology otherwise what is put on Wikipedia?

Does anyone elaborate more what got wrong in working of the engine?

What achievement or lesson have we got in development of cryogenic engines?

Eagerly waiting for your reply.

Regards

Vibhor Mittal

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thread moved to InFocus section. Interesting discussion. Looking forward to interesting responses.
  • exclhyd
    exclhyd
    Its high time the country reasessed its priorities. ISRO is a white elephant which burns thousands of crores of Tax Payers Money every year. They have no shame in confirming that they will be ready to burn another 350 Crore next year, after the terrible failure. Unlike private companies, there is no accountability. People get the best of the best Salaries whatever they burn. After the Chandrayan Mission, they had no qualm in claiming that ISRO found water on moon!!

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    everything has its own budget allocated, using the appropriate fund where ever allocated fully, should be the priority rather than diverting the funds. As much as other fields, research does need investment as it is a field which can propel any country into future.
  • vibhor_one
    vibhor_one
    Please don't deviate from the topic, guys we need to address the technical aspect not the financial one!!!
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    This is quite a commendable effort for India, though losing the payload in the process does hurt!

We can't tell what went wrong without ISRO providing us the telemetry data of course. It could have been due to many reasons. The ignition signal had gone awry, electrical fault, etc. Even the US and Russia faced basic failures in their past.. which resulted in even greater catastrophic results.

But I'm a bit surprised that they did not do a dummy launch all the way into space (sans payload) to fully test the cryogenic engines.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

lokesh hello, friend i m searching books for editing registry files in windows but unable to locate even a single book. help me out, i want book which gives full...
freindz india won kabbadi world cup held on punjab/india congrats...
hello sir....... i want to read/download the novel Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows(Part-7) in hindi version. please tell me the URL/website from where i could got it......plz help me.
can any one tell, how they are measuring discharge in dams.....
guys i m really sick of these attendence rules for claases started by unversities... are you guys too. even at this stage when i m in college i have to...