Indian Rupee Hits All Time Low [$1 = Rs.60], What Do Pro-Globalisation Folks Say?

Today, India's currency has crossed the dreamy-low barrier of Rs. 60 against US dollars. I'm wondering what do pro-globalisation folks are saying now? Anyone?

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    If my guess is not bad it will cross the 63 mark in next 15 days.

-CB
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Globalization policy clearly mentions devaluation of rupees, so that foreigners are attracted to invest in India. The ideology is- as Rupee is devalued, foreigners have to shell less dollars and hence will prefer India rather than rich countries like Middle east, or others where the currency is stronger than dollar.

So those who support Globalization, will only say that this will attract more investment.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ....so according to them $1 = Rs. 1000 would be the most ideal situation.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ....so according to them $1 = Rs. 1000 would be the most ideal situation.
    Partially true.
    You see, we had about $5 billion cash inflows in our country since jan- march 2013. However, within 4-5 days all the money ($5bn) that had accumulated went away instantly. Making rupee touch a record low.
    So, the rupee will devalue only that much which is necessary, step by step. However if need be, the government would not take a second thought before making $1= Rs 1000.

But, Rupee will also strengthen with incoming inflows and profits made from exports. Actually it depends on multiple factors.

In mechanical terms, I will compare appreciation and depreciation of rupees to a foot ball mechanism to adjust level of water in tank.
    [​IMG]

You see my theory is also shared by our Finmin as he was saying the other day "all is well".

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

India's space invasion continues with the upcoming launch of IRNSS 1A - Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System. The satellite is getting final touch-ups & checks from ISRO's engineers at the...
Do you remember IE aka the Internet Explorer - the browser from Microsoft that continued to dominate the web browser markets for a long time until Chrome and Firefox took...
Up until now virtual 7.1 surround sound could only be achieved with the help of expensive headsets that have multiple drivers inside them to create a surround sound environment but...
Well at VoiCE we have never discussed the hot fashion trends, and why would we? We keep our sights on what’s the hottest technology not what’s hot this season. But...
Microsoft's unveiling stuff at the Build 2013 conference at this very moment and has just 'teased' the audiences with a version of Microsoft Office with Metro Style. The version is...