Indian IT should stop importing innovation from the west - Narayana Murthy

While speaking at Indrprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi; Infosys co-found Narayana Murthy said that Indian IT should stop importing innovation from the West. Murthy said that despite producing large number of software professionals, India hasn't innovated much in the software space. Except for the global delivery model and 24-hour productive day all the other innovations (design, productivity, security, quality etc.) have come from the west.

My take: While what Murthy says is correct, I've often wondered why companies like Infosys aren't leading my action. I mean, from what people speak - a lot of software engineers are sitting "on bench" in the big companies including 'Infosys'. I wonder why can't infosys create a force of talented engineers formed from its own employees and let them create something innovative that will be used by the end users. I mean, why didn't we see companies like Infosys, Wipro, TCS, Cognizant create a web browser or a mobile operating system like Android or a VoiP software like Skype?

Are these companies and their employees (and any Indian software engineer) lacking the ideas or the drive or the resources to create something like that?

What's your take on this?

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    An Authentic source of mine just said
    There are about 10000 workers on the bench in the Chennai Siruseri estate of TCS
    And no one knows why they are kept as such and paid their bulk some each month
    If this is scenario instead of idling them you can draw some innovations out of them in any way

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

how i can understand that what type of foundation was held to seen physically of a building?
Consider an audio amplifier If I am to say that the output is distorted What criteria am I to use for such finalising ? Do say
In the past two days some thing is not right in CE the overall activity is sober and still why is it so ? Though the new member population is...
Hello Everyone, I have installed Windows8 but the problem is that previously installed Windows7 is not showing in the boot option at the startup . So, is there any way...
my dear friends can any one tell me that : is there any university through which i can do b.tech through correspondence??? Provided it should be aicte approved.......