Indian Engineers - How good are they? [Google Results]

For the sake of it, I just googled the term 'Indian Engineers' and in the results I found a post on Rediff.com. Quoting a few lines from there -

The Indian government has been responsive to quality concerns and has established various bodies like the National Assessment and Accreditation Council, All India Council for Technical Education, Distance Education Council and the National Council of Teacher Education. But the controls apply primarily to government institutions, with private institutions on the periphery of their purview.
I just want to know from Indian engineers here, what is the problem with these institutions? Why haven't they been able to establish quality in the technical education?

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    The only legit answer for this question is "Some of the private institutions are keen in the mark which their students get in the Semester exams and the number of univ rank holders in their college. They fail to see whether the univ rank holder is atleast apt for working in a company"

This attitude makes Indian Private colleges to be under rated

But some institutions are doing a hell lot of work in bringing innovation in students that must be given credits as well
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    We say that the institutions are responsible for the poor quality of education imparted. But now i will say that the students are also responsible upto a great extent.

Apathy on the part of students to learn, puts off the mood of the teachers, and you know the rest.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Nothing to say here. The only problem we have is our educational system. In most of the colleges, you just mug up things, vomit it out next morning and voila, you are the topper of the university. Who cares about the quality when you can show 100% placement records by placing students in service companies!
  • siraj.mussafirr
    siraj.mussafirr
    Its the Education system to be blamed. Some aspects related are:
    • Colleges are concerned only about getting a good pass percentage and not in providing facilities for the overall development of its students.
    • Syllabuses not updated frequently
    • Lack of infrastructure and freedom of ideas (maybe the institutions and Government are not keen in providing them)
    • Absence of good and technically experineced faculties(alas they are the product of the same Education System)
    • No support for young and talented Entrepreneurs( hopefully Startups are atlast blooming up recent days)
    • Students are oriented towards job and money rather than R&D
  • superfan
    superfan
    Another problem is that we don't have many role models of great engineers and skills novices could learn from in many fields.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    superfan
    Another problem is that we don't have many role models of great engineers and skills novices could learn from in many fields.
    I always see a role model in every one That helps me to develop as an engineer every time

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here is a questions regarding refrigeration: now talking about the refrigerators, which we use at home, it is said, that the food stuffs stored in it should be at room...
I just happened to stumble upon this article in the New Scientist. Quite an amazing product. But what about the potential misuse of such weapons? ​'Self-aiming' rifle turns novices into...
Please help me to know what exactly session layer does in practical.... Theoritically I know it manages the sessions between the host n remote system... But how exactly this happens,...
After the November release of Linux Mint 14 - Nadia, here's a significant update from the developers team with Linux Mint 15 'Olivia' featuring Cinnamon 1.8 and MATE 1.6. So,...
hello friends, I have recently confused a time invariant system with a dynamic system. Could you please help me get out of this situation. Also describe these systems in terms...