Indian Engineering Entrepreneurship Scenario

CEans,

Recently, we made a call to all the student-startups and the companies started by students or fresh graduates. However, the response that we got was very disappointing. It's also very sad to know that most of the Indian Engineering Students are dying to get selected in IT companies.

Of course I don't expect large numbers, but the ratio of student startups / number of fresh graduates is very poor.

What do you think are the reasons and what can CE do the make a difference?

Replies

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    One can never be able to fulfill his dreams, Until and unless he don't learn to start ignoring people criticism
  • shreyasm89
    shreyasm89
    Maybe lack of funds at the student level!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    shreyasm89
    Maybe lack of funds at the student level!
    It takes very little to start a company. For records sake, CE started with a budget of $50. We've an online business model though. I believe it's more to do with lack of interest or ideas.
  • shah_venu
    shah_venu
    A blend of technology and management can develop confidence in students so that they can set up startup's. National entrepreneurship network is making a very great effort in cultivating the dream of entrepreneurship of students from various backgrounds. they are even training techers, help organise workshops and e-talks for training students for entrepreneurship.
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    One reason may be is that the freshers do not want to take risks even at this younger stage of life. They people feel very secure when they think of jobs in it sectors. Even in my class those who have been placed in different companies are feeling so relaxed that they don't mind bunking the whole of the last semester if they're given any such option. I'm surprised to see this change.๐Ÿ˜”
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    as i said in another thread it is just that people are afraid of taking risks ๐Ÿ˜
    and students these days do only one thing: dream of a well settled future with a fixed salary pay and allowances.
    take the topic of entrepreneurship to these people the reply is standard: " why would one want to take a risk when you can lead a risk free life"
    one must change these mind sets. i think some really good examples of accomplished entrepreneurs ( CE included ๐Ÿ˜ ) can do something. it did change mine. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    about what CE can do : may be just like the small talk we can start some section where we can start putting up some excerpts from some great entrepreneurs or for that matter any emerging one too, and start a new column. like one new one per week or two. it can show people how people dare to think different and did not end up repenting their move. the article can cover a particular phase in a person's life or any inspiring part. it'l surely bring some change but not sure about the magnitude ๐Ÿ˜
    may be it'l atleast bring a change in mindset of the CEans and can slowly change scenario.

it is just a thought but may be it is worth a try. i'll leave it to you guys ๐Ÿ˜
  • osantinoo
    osantinoo
    This is osantinoo !

There is lack of awarness on Engineering Entrepreneurship in India.Thats why the response is very poor.Education has become a growing sector in India and the ever growing population of the youth requires for the need for education training centers in abundance. This makes investment in education franchise the safest. one such enterprise is the edupreneur.co which will give you a better idea on the education franchise sector.
  • millionaire
    millionaire
    in my opinion , the social environment is lacking motivation for starting up company after eng. in my case , i was a scholar till 12 th std, i knew everything in book, everyone complemented me. but they always talked abt a good job. now when im in clg, i came 2 know there's a lot more than just doing silly jobs. everyone says work hard, bring good %, get placed in a company.
    bt now i'm quite excited to see people like u. i really like ce..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @Millionaire: The case is same everywhere, I suppose. I attended an engineering college fashion show recently and the contestants were asked whether academic performance was linked to success in life. I was shocked to hear every contestant say, "No even without getting good marks, we can be successful in life, because now-a-days even an average scorer can get a job."

There are multiple reasons that make people think getting a job is "THE" success in life.

PS: But there will always be people who'll have to be ready to create jobs for all people who want it ๐Ÿ˜€
  • just_Ritu
    just_Ritu
    A lot of students now dare to think different and dare to start a business even if they have to begin from nowhere. Even if they don't have a family business background, they still dare not only to dream but to accomplish it as well.
    I'd suggest that we should cover even those engineers who ventured in some other field as well.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

How can we build a app that has 4 boxes and on clicking them boxes can be joined to other . Needd urgently ... plz help me out
Try to solve this and show your solution. 1. A stone is dropped from a well and 5s later the sound of the splash is heard. If the velocity of...
Hai friends i want to participate in workshops in my state, any one give my their list workshops in next month............
You are given two numbers A and B, You have to divide A by B without using division operator and modulus operator ? PS: Repeated Subtraction is not allowed.. I...

Md5

In cryptography, MD5 (Message-Digest algorithm 5) is a widely used cryptographic hash function with a 128-bit hash value. Specified in RFC 1321, MD5 has been employed in a wide variety...