Indian Currency gets a symbol...

Finally, the Rupee will have a symbol like the Dollar ($) or the Euro (€) or the Pound (£). On 15th of July 2010 cabinet, finalized the design for the Rupee.

Again an engineer, IIT post-graduate Uday Kumar has been honored. His design out of five shortlisted ones is selected for the new symbol of the Indian Rupee.

More of this can be found at #-Link-Snipped-#

Do let me know if you face any problem in using the symbol for the indian currency. Indian Government has done its part now its responsibility of all of us worldwide to support them and make this initiative a great success.

-CB

Replies

• Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    2 days ago I read this article on newspaper.
    it's realy a proud moment for us or every indian.

And thanks to crazyboy for posting these article here on CE.
  • Leo
    Leo
    By the way what is special to feel proud about a symbol. Please explain.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Nothing to be explained.

If one can feel it, fine. If not, no one can explain them.

-CB
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Actually, was just wondering why you had written Proud to be a CEan ( in Your Signature), Proud is something you can, it can not be explained.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

How is the course of Sikkim Manipal Uni..... MBA Banking & Finance, guys I require your opinion as I am very keen in joining this course. Do Banks accept this...
Hello i m final year student of electronics engg. I m searching for projects. Can anybody help me? I have some ideas---- 1. USB jack for TV to play media...
Match each word in the first column with its definition in the second column. 1. incandescent------------a. increase 2. incantation--------------b. make very angry 3. incense-----------------c. beginning 4. incessant---------------d. chant 5. incipient----------------e....
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Here are the nine digits. Can you arrange the nine digits in order from left to right and + or -...
Do you think that "TV and the INTERNET will Eliminate Tourism." 😕😕😕